Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Please confirm what my shaitel macher said

Frenchfry

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 10:26 pm
She said that if you need a dark shade of hair and yoou want European, you'll either get dyed european or brazillian, preferably Brazillian, because European hair generally only comes light.

Does this make sense to anyone in the know?

Ay Jay Jay

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 11:02 pm
makes zero sense to me.. It seems that it is always easier to find a dark wig than a lighter one.
If I had dark hair, I'd personally look at the cheaper brands and companies.. because they are often Asian hair or a mix of Asian and European and since Asians have dark hair, the hair would be less processed than this European hair that you would have to dye.
Asian hair is good if you have dark hair, because it's not very processed. Also almost all companies that say they are using European or "virgin" hair are not telling the complete truth. 99.99% of European hair wigs are mixed European and Asian hair.

Ashrei

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 11:36 pm
I'm not at all certain, but I think I heard that more or less all the sheitels are made in few (or even 1) factory in china, and that they'll tell you anything. Who knows what they tell the sheitel ladies about where the hair is from.

Maybe just see if you like it, and what others say about how the sheitels from that one source hold up... and base decisions on that instead of what the sheital macher says about where the hair come from. She could just be repeating falsehoods from the factories...

rivkahb

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 12:12 am
I have also heard about it
This actually makes sense because in Europe there are not many black hair women

mimimom

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 3:22 pm
Makes no sense to me either. I've been told by a couple of shaitel machers that it's blonde virgin European hair that they have the hardest time getting. Dark is more common...(dark is not the same as black. For black you might even be better off with Asian hair.)

invisiblecircus

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 3:27 pm
rivkahb wrote:
I have also heard about it
This actually makes sense because in Europe there are not many black hair women

I'd go as far as saying that the majority of European women have dark or black hair. It is certainly more common than fair hair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels