Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Conflicted; EH or synthetic

Petra

Post Sun, Oct 06 2013, 9:18 am
These days I've been wearing synthetics because I'm always in "in between" stages with my hair and don't want to spend the big bucks on a new European hair sheital...yet..at least that is what I have been telling myself. In the past I've also found that I'm not too tolerant of spending a lot of money on EH shaitel upkeep and don't like to do it myself either because it is a pain.

But now that I'm almost done growing out my hair, I just feel not right about wearing EH sheitals. I find myself oogling over the beautiful hair. Doesn't feel very in the spirit of tznius to me. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying that it seems I'm too vain and would end up wearing a EH for the wrong reasons.

Anyone else like me? Am I crazy?

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Oct 06 2013, 9:38 am
do you feel pretty in the synthetics? I used to wear synthetics a lot, and I felt very pretty in them. then I realized I was going to have to attend two weddings in one summer, and decided I didn't want to dance in synthetics, too hot. so I bought a human hair one. biggest waste of money ever. I never felt nearly as nice in it as I did in synthetics. so the question is, how bad will you feel if you spend a lot of money on a sheitel you just don't love? if you love how you look in synthetics, stick to them.

Post Sun, Oct 06 2013, 9:54 am
I am confused what growing out your own hair has to do with synthetic vs EH.

miami85

Post Sun, Oct 06 2013, 12:22 pm
Might it have to do with the length of the sheital more than the actual hair? In my mind I find it more eye catching to have that mid-back length than a nice shoulder or just below look. Thus, perhaps save yourself some money and get a shorter shaitel that will last longer. Or try a "lesser quality" for a couple hundred dollars just to get the feel of it.

Petra

Post Sun, Oct 06 2013, 12:25 pm
Squishy,

I'm not going to spend a wad of money on a sheital when I'm in the middle of growing out my hair because the cap will fit differently.

Synthetics are less expensive and wear out quickly anyway.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 06 2013, 12:30 pm
I bought synthetic until good blonds were available in human hair.

They go downhill very quickly, and are much too hot.

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 06 2013, 1:03 pm
LeahsEma wrote:
Squishy,

I'm not going to spend a wad of money on a sheital when I'm in the middle of growing out my hair because the cap will fit differently.

Synthetics are less expensive and wear out quickly anyway.

well - there you have it - you answered your own question
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels