Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
First period spotting nothing more yet

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 9:17 am
so my 13.5 year old daughter got her first "period" which was basically about 24 hours of light spotting. This was about 6 weeks ago. as of now she still has not had any bleeding. should I worry or is this normal? should I call pediatrician?

smss

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 9:24 am
very normal, periods can be erratic for at least the first year and it's completely normal.

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 9:25 am
I heard it's normal for the 1st two years for periods to be irregular/absent/different every month. Maybe encourage her to keep a diary, my mom did this and it's useful now as a married woman to have always been writing down these things.

If it carries on like that, or she isn't feeling well in other ways, I guess it could be something to check out, but sounds perfectly normal to me!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 10:35 am
MY DD is 12. Got second one 4 months after first. Used 2 pads. Got next 2 months very light also and now nothing. Im not worried thanks to reading old threads here.

The fact that your DD bled, you should be happy that she is ok. If it doesnt resolve at 16 I would talk to her pediatrician.

I cant rely on my own experience since I had major medical issues regarding my period. I rejoiced the first time my DD had hers without trauma.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 9:40 pm
I got my 1st period 4 weeks after I turned 12. I wasn't regular till abt age 15-16. Then up untill now if I'm not preg (married 10 yrs ka"h) I got it every 29-31 days! So no, don't worry in the least bit. I was told then that it can take 2-3 yrs for body to regulate itself

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 10:16 pm
it takes time for the hormones to balance out for a regular menstrual cycle ... not to worry

celebrate - throw a tampon party Party
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children