Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
3 Year Old Kick Off of Flight
Previous  1  2

baseballmom

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 11:02 am
farmom wrote:
As someone who's flown many times, on LOOOONG flights, with a baby, I can tell you that most of the airline staff don't have patience for kids. Yes, it's annoying when you have kids 'acting up', and disturbing things. But sometimes we need to live with the fact that ppl with kids need to get somewhere too.

I couldn't agree more - I just returned from a 6 hour flight with my 3 dc - 5, 4, and 1. The 2 big ones were great but the baby cried a lot! The flight attendents wouldn't allow us to walk around the plane with her (even though the flight was 2/3 empty and there was no turbulence the ENTIRE flight), and when it took us a few minutes to gather up all our stuff when we landed they started yelling at us to hurry off the plane, and that we were holidng things up (mind you the plane was 2/3 empty so it cleraed out really fast...had it been a full flight we would have only been on it a few minutes extra to unsnap the carseat, put on everyone's coats, and gather up the toys etc)...and then when we got off the plane our stroller wasn't even brought up yet!

ChavieK

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 2:12 pm
I still say the screaming child & nasty flight attendants aretotally seperate from making people miss flights. Ladies- you need to seperate out the issues.

Issue #1: airline was nice or not.
Issue #2: inconveniencing a plane full of people

yoyosma

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 3:24 pm
Well, I have also had a flight attendent not allow me to walk up and down with a child.
I havent flown with a baby in a while, I am actually nervous for Pesach, iyh, with all of these stories in the media lately.
This isnt the first time I have heard of parents being thrown off planes. A few months ago a breastfeeding mother 'offended' a flight attendent and she threw them off.

However, a child who is freaking out is a different story. I am unimpressed with the parents who took their child on a plane after ear surgery.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics