Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Russian shock at 'gagged' babies

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 7:32 am
I guess some things never change in Russia, and this is a country that makes world decision on Human Rights and whether we should go to war, etc.... Well maybe the world should look at Russia's record of Human Right abuses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wor.....9.stm

elkayed

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 11:14 am
Horrible!!

ShiraMiri

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 11:55 am
This is so heartbreaking.....

withhumor

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 6:25 pm
who knows what else we don't know.... I heard stuff about seagate....

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 6:36 pm
Quote:
I heard stuff about seagate..
shock

Sunangel

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 6:54 pm
This unfortunatley happens all over the world...not only in Russia. In China babies are tied to toilets for hours a day. Africa is full of orphans and there not even hospitals to care for them....the world is suffering with orphans. Even here in the US, you cant imagine what I've seen. It breaks my heart.

yersp

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 7:09 pm
withhumor wrote:
who knows what else we don't know.... I heard stuff about seagate....

What did you hear about seagate? I'm anyway bli neder never going back there. The nurses are nasty as ever. One in particular hated me and boy did she hear from me when I left. Everyone was so afraid of her. Please tell me what you heard.

avigayil

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 10:24 pm
I don't know what Seagate is, but I nearly threw up reading that story.
Isn't there any mercy in this world?

Tefila

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 11:14 pm
Though I have never ever been there the only thing that I have heard is that seagate feeds babys infant formula though the mothers are breastfeeding to give the mothers more rest. And supposedly the mums don't know anything about it. But c'mon no comparison Rolling Eyes

Though this person knew (can't go into details) she didn't want to confront the staff. But that is all I have heard............. second hand mind you.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 12:19 am
gee, feeding babies formula is as bad as gaggingthem so they dont cry!!!

I was in seagate and loved it, and didnt see any problemsthere. mothers who dont like the idea of nurses taking care of babies postpartum shouldnt go there!

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 4:04 am
Not to compare, but women can have big problems nursing, and with their milk supply getting established that way. Possibly women are failing at nursing because of that. and some babies down the line may even need specialized (and even non-kosher) formula because of allergy, which they wouldn't have had if their mother succeeded to nurse. Confused

Raisin

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 5:43 am
Quote:

I was in seagate and loved it, and didnt see any problemsthere. mothers who dont like the idea of nurses taking care of babies postpartum shouldnt go there!

I would think you could expect a frum institution to be supportive of nursing mothers. I didn't go to a convelecsent home, but I would have been furious if nurses had given my baby formula without my permission.

So, Mindy, you are saying that any mother who wants to nurse shouldn't expect to be able to go to a convelescent home - she should just go home, where she may have other kids demanding attention?

I don't understand though.. there are thousands of western couples who want to adopt - and these orphans are lying there unloved with no one to care for them? Sad Sad Confused

gryp

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 9:32 am
It beats me how this thread turned from Russia to Seagate.

And for some reason I dont think the Russians were so shocked, ad the title says. I think it's us that are shocked. (I know jewishmama, its not your title, I saw it on drudge.)

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 9:45 am
Around here they used to give alcohol or laudanum (!) to the babies... b'h I think it has stopped even in families.
As for nurses giving formula to the babies, it's pretty unavoidable if the hospital has a nursery, at least in France...I think they've stopped giving sugar water to crying babies recently - I know I had it. It gives tons of bad habits, I remember my parents had to keep me away from white sugar because I would eat it all shock

withhumor

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 10:17 am
I don’t think we should go into details about seagate’s convalescent home for new moms. It’s unfair to post what you heard and therefore I’m not posting what I heard either. B”H I went to the home in ‘skver’ and the service for mother’s and babies was unsurpassable. Mom’s were allowed to peek in on the nursery anytime which made me comfortable. It’s not fair for the people that desperately need to get away and choose Seagate because it’s the cheapest.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 2:49 pm
Raisin wrote:
Quote:

I would think you could expect a frum institution to be supportive of nursing mothers. I didn't go to a convelecsent home, but I would have been furious if nurses had given my baby formula without my permission.

So, Mindy, you are saying that any mother who wants to nurse shouldn't expect to be able to go to a convelescent home - she should just go home, where she may have other kids demanding attention?

I don't understand though.. there are thousands of western couples who want to adopt - and these orphans are lying there unloved with no one to care for them? Sad Sad Confused
Sorry but 95% of the women who go to Seagate successfully nurse their babies for a year or more even with the 4 hour schedule, plus nursing is available on demand by request.

withhumor

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 3:40 pm
Maybe they want you to be unsuccessful with nursing, get pregnant fast, and come back next year again. Think about it, it’s a great business concept! Okay this is tooooooooo funny.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics