Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Ipod Touch - Does this comply with no computer policies?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 8:27 am
Is this considered a computer? DCs friends have ipods and go to RW schools. My DCs want an ipod touch - 5th generation today - Cyber Monday . I tried Google and I am still confused. Does this only function as a computer near certain hotspots?

How can do many children openly have ipods and still be in compliance with the schools policies?

SplitPea

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 8:35 am
An iPod touch gives you free use of the Internet anywhere there is wifi access (libraries, cafes, random places outdoors where people don't lock down their connection)

Raisin

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 9:44 am
there are controls on an ipod. You can turn off the internet browser and youtube. However, the school should have clearer guidelines, an ipod touch is definately a computer.

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 11:44 am
If the point is for children to not have unsupervised internet access, I would not get an iPod touch. I don't know what the level of parental control is, but I bet kids can get around it. The very fact that it's so tiny makes it easier for them to get anywhere with it. And wifi is everywhere these days, so saying it doesn't have its own connection isn't really worth anything.

Barbara

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
Is this considered a computer? DCs friends have ipods and go to RW schools. My DCs want an ipod touch - 5th generation today - Cyber Monday . I tried Google and I am still confused. Does this only function as a computer near certain hotspots?

How can do many children openly have ipods and still be in compliance with the schools policies?

Many iPods do not have internet capability. If you don't want your child to have internet, get him an iPod Classic, Nano or Shuffle.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 12:08 pm
Barbara wrote:
amother wrote:

Many iPods do not have internet capability. If you don't want your child to have internet, get him an iPod Classic, Nano or Shuffle.
This.

Ipod touch is like a mini mini ipad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics