Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Alphabetizing Cereal

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 1:23 pm
Okay my dd is home from school - too freezing. Now she came to me and told me she just alphabetized the cereal. I think she has OCD! What happens if I eat some cereal - will I have to remember the alphabet - it's too cold to do anything but type a little....keeps the blood circulating you know.

mumof1

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 1:26 pm
LOL LOL LOL
OCD? I think she has a case of cabin fever!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 1:27 pm
yeah - but she did the laundry too! She does it so often that I never get a chance - I call it OCD.

Squash

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 1:36 pm
Okay, am I crazy if I WISH that someone would come to do the laundry so often, I would never get a chance to do it?

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 1:41 pm
I am not really complaining - I just find it weird that's all - like she's a kid - why is she so like perfect - I would be watching TV or something - talking on the phone with my friends and she is cleaning - "I may be crazy - probably..." Music

Squash

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 1:46 pm
As long as you're singing! Just keep singing! And keep relaxing and enjoy the help!!!! (Cuz if you don't - you could just send her right over!!!) Very Happy

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 2:00 pm
Squash wrote:
As long as you're singing! Just keep singing! And keep relaxing and enjoy the help!!!! (Cuz if you don't - you could just send her right over!!!) Very Happy

okay - you're right I don't desserve her. She just made tuna for me and said sorry it has too much mayo - so I went to fix it cause too much mayo makes me gag - now she is mad Twisted Evil

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 3:08 pm
I keep the vegs in my freezer in alpha order. Nothing wrong with that.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 3:10 pm
I have special places in my fridge and cabinets for things - just not alphabetical -

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 3:24 pm
Green, whatever system works for you, right? I like alpha for the freezer, but in the pantry, I keep the fruity things on the right and the veggie type things on the left. Not alpha, either.

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 3:33 pm
Alphabetical is hyper organized. If her ‘lovely talent’ is disturbing how she interacts with others, or if she gets insanely frustrated when people mess it up, or if she can’t concentrate when she knows it’s messed up, then she has a problem.

We all have our own OCD parts in our brains. I had a teacher in high school that had her shirt collar stuck inside her crewneck sweater. Well, that was the end of the lesson for me and I was antsy because I kept wanting to reach out and pull it out! So yes, we’ve all got but if it’s consistently interfering with her daily activities, then you should be scared. Really scared.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 3:40 pm
withhumor - that is so funny. Just the other day I was at a meeting with my daughter's school and I insisted that the table be straight cause I couldn't think - I blamed it on OCD. Yes we all have our share to a point.
As far as dd sometimes she does get controlling with her stuff - this is when I worry - but mostly not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals