Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Soooo tired

amother

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 8:45 pm
I had my adorable twins almost a year ago. Since being pregnant with them, I'm always tired. I need a good 8-9 hrs of sleep every night just to function properly.
I'm wondering if a multiple pregnancy /birth has a longer overall recovery.... Or is this exhaustion due to birth control pills????

amother

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 9:06 pm
Check your thyroid levels, and keep checking them periodically. Thyroid disease often develops in women after childbirth. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos thyroiditis when my second child was about a year old. I don't always need medication (most often my levels are within range, just close to the boundary) but I have to check them every 6 months.

lk1234

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 9:08 pm
doesn't everyone need 8-9 hours of sleep to function properly?

To me that is normal!

working hard

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 9:57 pm
My twins are 6 months old - I am tired. Yes, I also think recovery takes more time, plus nursing/taking care of 2 takes energy.
Hatzlacha

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 1:28 pm
Oh, sweetie, really...expect to be tired for the next 18 years or so, by which time you'll be so used to being tired all the time you won't even notice.

cms

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 5:19 am
I am pregnant with twins and my sister who has twins told me to be very careful with my supplements because a pregnancy with twins takes out of you what 4 regular pregnancies would. It is always worth checking iron levels and a good quality omega 3 supplement can be really helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more