Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Rabbi Shais Taub's column, Ami magazine Nov. 13 issue
Previous  1  2

Grandmama

Post Sat, Nov 16 2013, 11:51 pm
He encouraged them to look into their insides, and to match their insides to their outsides. He didn't tell them to become litvish or Lubavitch, but instead told them not to throw away their minhagim, to find out more about them and to internalize them. He answered beautifully, but I don't think that was the answer that they wanted to hear. They wanted to be told that it's okay to throw away everything their family does because it's not halacha and you can be a good Jew without doing any of those things. Rabbi Taub is a wise man who tried to make them understand that it's not so simple....

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 12:27 pm
Rabbi Taub is a jewel in the crown of Lubavitch. I have heard him speak several times and loved it!

Levtov

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 11:31 pm
Rabbi Taub answered something very important. Changing your minhagim and restrictions will NOT make you happier. (in other words..) rather learn Chassidisha sforim to respect and understand the beauty of each "sect" of Klal Yisroel as "they" were brought up.

First Lady

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 3:21 am
Grandmama wrote:
He encouraged them to look into their insides, and to match their insides to their outsides. He didn't tell them to become litvish or Lubavitch, but instead told them not to throw away their minhagim, to find out more about them and to internalize them. He answered beautifully, but I don't think that was the answer that they wanted to hear. They wanted to be told that it's okay to throw away everything their family does because it's not halacha and you can be a good Jew without doing any of those things. Rabbi Taub is a wise man who tried to make them understand that it's not so simple....

How about those who need their outsides to match their insides?
Who are deep thinkers, yearn to learn, to grow, to understand. They cannot connect to Chassidus and its minhagim just because.
Why the negative remark that they wanted to throw away everything?

amother

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 9:20 pm
Does anyone have a copy of this article that they can post? I'd love to read it. I dont have that issue of the ami magazine.

the world's best mom

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 11:09 pm
I might have it, but I'm not sure if it's okay to post it publicly. Besides, it would take a looong time to type up the 3 page article.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 11:27 pm
I am a huge fan of Rabbi Taub. I think his advice is so down to earth and on target. but as a chassidic shaver I was sorta hoping he would side with the ccc and say its okay not to shave... Wink

amother

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 1:51 am
amother wrote:
I am a huge fan of Rabbi Taub. I think his advice is so down to earth and on target. but as a chassidic shaver I was sorta hoping he would side with the ccc and say its okay not to shave... Wink

He cannot say that in public!!!! If you are having issues contact him directly. I did. (not with shaving with something else)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room