Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you find it rude? Calling twice (or more) in a row?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Is it rude to call someone twice (or more!!) in a row?
Yes  
 74%  [ 123 ]
No  
 25%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 166

Emotional

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 8:21 pm
amother wrote:

What I find RUDE is... when I call a certain someone, or they call me, or when anyone calls her...they does not say hello. This person just picks up and is silent. So if I am talking to someone as I call she just listens without saying a word... Imo, THAT is RUDE.

Sorry, this was more like a vent...but have been meaning to get it off my chest for some time.

On the other hand, I personally find it irritating if someone calls me while they're talking to someone else. Finish your conversation before dialing me, so I don't have to sit there waiting for you to finish up. I do say hello, but with the feeling that I'm interrupting you.

zaq

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 9:02 pm
I love (not) when my outgoing message says "Zaq Zaqarias will be on a secret FBI training course at an undisclosed, telephone-free location from January 1 through February 1. To receive a call back on or after February 2, please state your name blablabla." then they call and leave a message every third day throughout January, growing testier each time. Did you not listen to the message? I said I'd be out the whole month and would call back next month!

Why do I bother? Soon as people hear it's a machine, their ears and brains automatically shut off. They are waiting for the beep so they can leave their 2 cents' worth, not listening to the outgoing message at all.

SJcookie

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 9:35 pm
Wow. Y'all are way more popular than I am! I don't think anybody has ever called me more than two times in a row Tongue Out

(except my dh/parents...who have called when they were worried about me and I didn't answer...like in my 9th month of pregnancy or something like that.)

cs1

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 9:44 pm
I personally find it rude when someone emails or calls me in regards to work on motzei shabbos and then again on sunday or monday morning with the same email and a big "? - question mark." All this before I even have a chance to sit at my desk.

A. I dont have internet at home and I disabled my work email from my cell phone.

B. Most offices are closed on sunday. Do people realize that I have a life outside of work?!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 11:18 am
Emotional wrote:
On the other hand, I personally find it irritating if someone calls me while they're talking to someone else. Finish your conversation before dialing me, so I don't have to sit there waiting for you to finish up. I do say hello, but with the feeling that I'm interrupting you.

I mean that if I'm calling and happen to see my cleaning lady put something in the incorrect place, I will tell her quickly...and then hear nothing at the other end... I know better than that to talk to someone else whilst calling.
I too, think it's rude if someone on the other end is talking to someone else. When this happens, I say hello are you talking to me? If they are STILL chatting to that someone else, I simply say bye, and hang up. If they want they will call me back.

wereafamily

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 1:09 pm
cs1 wrote:
I personally find it rude when someone emails or calls me in regards to work on motzei shabbos and then again on sunday or monday morning with the same email and a big "? - question mark." All this before I even have a chance to sit at my desk.

A. I dont have internet at home and I disabled my work email from my cell phone.

B. Most offices are closed on sunday. Do people realize that I have a life outside of work?!

Oh my! I can vent all day long about this.

I work from home and people call me at the strangest time, 8 in the morning, 11 at night or on Motzei shabbos and Sunday and than complain why I don't answer... so annoying. I may work from home but I work from 10-5 and I don't work on Sundays...

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 3:18 pm
People who call or knock at weird times, or repeatedly, I just ignore...

itssimplyme

Post Sun, Feb 02 2014, 7:09 pm
Not really rude , it makes me think they really want to talk to me.
Sometimes it makes me worried as I think it's urgent.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette