Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Ta'anis Esther - unique segula

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 3:55 am
There is a special segula only today. (Ta'anis Esther)
Read Tehilim Kof Beis (22) three times in a row with as much kavanna as you can.

Then you can daven for one thing which you really want to ask Hashem for.

I don't know the source, but it is reliable and is a powerful segula.

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 6:50 am
Thanks for posting this.

Purim sameach!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 10:18 am
Does anyone know a source? Does it matter if you're not fasting?

Squash

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 10:43 am
I don't know the source, but I'm pretty sure this is the perek of tehillim that Esther said before going in to speak to King Achashveirosh.

When I was younger, my mother used to tell me to say it on Taanis Esther and I totally forgot about it this year. Thanks for the reminder!

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 11:15 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Does anyone know a source? Does it matter if you're not fasting?

There is a source, but I've forgotten. embarrassed
You can certainly do it if you're not fasting as well. It's the day that counts.

Mevater

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 12:02 pm
With respect to that OTHER website:

In Kav Hayoshor it is written, that on Taanis Esther one should say kappitel 22 - למנצח על אילת השחר - with strong kavonoh, and then should daven to Hashem that he should be helped in the zchus of Mordechai and Esther, and he will be helped.
Thus, 'mishenichnas Adar marbin b'simcha.' We prepare ourselves to encounter the Shechina during the month of Adar. The clim@x of this avoda is Purim, when we are so close to the Shechina that our simcha is without boundaries, just as everything about Hashem is boundless. Having established that Adar is a time of closeness to the Shechina, we must ask ourselves why. Why is the Shechina Hakedosha so close to us in Adar? In explaining the reason for 'mishenichnas Adar marbin b'simcha,' Rashi says, 'yimei nissim hayu l'Yisrael, Purim v'Pesach' (Purim and Pesach were days of miracles for Bnei Yisrael) 12.

A neis (miracle) is a manifestation of gilui Shechina (revelation of the Divine Presence). Hashem is ro'eh v'eino nireh (He sees but cannot be seen by us). When Hashem performs a neis for Am Yisrael, He is showing Himself to us. He is allowing us to see the Shechina. The Ramban explains that the word for miracle - neis - is from the same root as the word for a banner - 'v'sa neis l'kabeitz galiyuseinu.' This is because a miracle serves as a banner to show us that Hashem is there; Hashem is close.

To be sure, we encounter nissim on a daily basis, as we thank Hashem in the Amida - 'al nisecha shebichol yom imanu' (for the miracles that you perform for us each day). However, not all miracles are equal, not every miracle warrants a Yom Tov (holy day). A neis must be of a certain magnitude to be celebrated as a Yom Tov.

Such a neis was the neis of Purim. It was a miracle that serves as a beacon of light to illuminate our long journey through galus with gilui Shechina. The Gemara (Yoma 29a.) explains that the verse 'v'lamenatzeich al ayeles hashachar' (For the conductor, on the morning hind) is a reference to Esther. 'Ma shachar sof kol halaila af Esther sof kol hanissim' (just as dawn is the end of the night, so too Esther is the end of all nissim). The Neis Purim was the last of the nissim that reached the peak of gilui Shechina.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days