Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I've been Emotionally Touched!
Previous  1  2  3

supermom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 11:24 am
impressive indeed. I would never have thought something like that one.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 12:18 pm
When one of my son recieved their second care package in 1 1/2 weeks( I do miss them can't u tell Rolling Eyes ) he told me since he had alot extra he decided to share it w/h his bunk as opposed to saving it for himself on days he doesn't get the meals he likes. Yep I was touched.... these kids r ok Exclamation

adorable

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 12:43 pm
FRIDAY AFTERNOON:
I once walked a few blocks out of my way in the pouring way to go to a grocery that I know delivers. well, at the check out, she told me I do not have enough for delivery and I was not intersted in spending more money to meet that amount. so I took my bags and tried handling them (6) together with my umbrella. realizing that it just won't work out, I swallowed my pride and asked someone if she is gong home by car and she said yes but in the other direction. nowhere where I live. just then a man asked me if I need a ride and I said well, yeah but which direction are you going towards and he answered wherever I need. so I hopped in (he was with his wife). it was about 4 hours before shabbos and I overheard his wife tell him, I hate preparing shabbos at the last minnute. from this I figured out that they were doing last minute shopping before shabbos and he went across town to drop me off. I was so touched and impressed.

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 12:53 pm
We spent a few months in E. Yisrael last year. I got there a few days before shavuos. we were invited out for a few meals and figured we'd "take-out" the rest. so erev yom tov, we stopped a "stranger" (fellow Yid) on our street and asked where the closest take-out was. he asked- how many people do you need to feed for Yom Tov? we said it was just us and our baby. he whipped out his phone, called his wife and they insisted that we come to them for any meals that we needed.
"Mi K'amcha Yisrael?"

queen

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 12:55 pm
only in israel!

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 1:27 pm
oh, another story that happened to us last year in Eretz Yisrael: One of our neighbors came to welcome us (never met her before in my life). She wanted to make us dinner and asked whether we like milchigs or fleishigs. I said either is fine. so, she brought over a panful of lasagna, a panful of shnitzel and some sides!

amother

Post Sat, Jul 08 2006, 10:47 pm
I was walking down the street and as usual, said \"Hi\" to a passing woman. In all the 8 years that I've been saying \"Hi\" to her, I said hi and she nodded and/or smiled back, and that was the extent of our communication.... Well, this time around she stopped and said, \"You are such a nice lady, you always say hello to me! Where do I know you from?\" What, she thought a total stranger had been greeting her for the past 8 years? Oh well, we were no longer strangers precisely because I'd been greeting her for the past 8 years...lol....
Anyway, I told her that I believe we got to know each others way back when our kids were in the same nursery class, and that I believe we met at the now-extinct playground many years ago.... Well, she had no recollection of meeting at the playground, but she said there's a possibility our kids were in the same class....
So what really moved me was, \"You're such a nice lady, you greet me all the time!\"
My dd once remarked, \"Ma, from where do you have so many friends? You say hello to nearly every person we pass!\"

Motek

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 2:24 pm
from a daily kindness email:

Quote:
Towards the afternoon, I went to deliver shalach manot to a very poor family - consisting of a divorced woman named Sarah and her three children. Sarah could not work for a few months because her son is very ill, and she had to take care of him. As of now, she owes four months' rent. The landlord is a young chassidic man who needs the rent income to pay the mortgage.

As I sat drinking tea, there was a knock at the door. It was the landlord. I wondered what to expect. He greeted us all in a friendly way, and placed a modest package consisting of a wrapped bottle on the table. After a brief Purim exchange, he left.

As soon as he left, Sarah's teenage daughter got up to examine the bottle. As she lifted it, a piece of paper fell off the bottle unto the table. When she picked it up she showed it to her mother. It was a $100 bill!

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 2:37 pm
Nice motek Smile

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 2:44 pm
just the other day I was waiting in line and a young woman was crying on her cell phone saying how it's still hard for her somtimes - I turned around and gave her a hug ... she told me her boyfriend died ... and then we spoke and I think we really touched each other ... emotionally speaking of course. I felt hashem put me in the right place at the right time...

withhumor

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 4:25 pm
OMG too bad you don't live near me....

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 4:29 pm
withhumor wrote:
OMG too bad you don't live near me....

Do you need a hug too {{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} Mr. Green

withhumor

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 4:35 pm
GEE thanks I feel better already

Squash

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:18 pm
I've been emotionally touched a very short while ago by GREENFIRE!!!

It was so sweet of her to remember that I made an upsherin on Monday night. She PMed me to ask how it went!

I thought that was VERY touching!!!!!

THANK YOU GREENFIRE!

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:20 pm
squash ... embarrassed
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics