Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Eyeglass Issues - HELP!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 4:01 am
I really really need some help here - so if you've had a similar experience please enlighten me.

My dh got new eyeglasses Pesach time. We had asked them to match the exact prescription from his old pair of glasses. After a couple of days, we realized that something was off. We go to another glasses store and paid a small fortune for them to put in a new pair of lenses again with the same prescription.

After a week, my dh is just not seeing well. He can't focus properly and is very spaced out.

We just went to another glasses place and they told that all the lenses that were put it are in fact the exact prescription but he had gotten used to a specific basecurve in the lenses and both pairs of new lenses didn't have the same basecurve as his old pair had.

We go to another glasses place (sigh) and they tell us that it's because we switched from a rectangular shape to a round shape - and bigger.

And yet another place (Argh!) said that it was because the focal point is a dot off - although no one else saw this...

My dh never ever had s/t like this before - his prescription is simple and was always able to get new glasses as he pleased.

Any experiences like this?

oliveoil

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 10:00 am
Why do you keep going to different places? Why not go back to the first place and let them keep working with you until they get it right.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 10:06 am
I agree, stop hopping around. and get your dh to an eye doctor. sometimes the shape of the eye can change, even if the prescription stays the same. this affects how the lens should be shaped. have your dh get a regular checkup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics