Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Computer experts please help. Ds hacked the internet

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 1:40 pm
We disconnected our internet. I think ds 14 years old hacked the Internet with his iPod. I saw WIFI_BACK on the Internet choices which was never there before. Wwyd

gp2.0

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 1:48 pm
It's not clear from your statement but:

if you see wifi_back now on your computer and you've never seen it before, it probably belongs to a neighbor who just got wifi.
if you see it on the ipod, then the ipod was somewhere else that had a wifi connection and it connected there. It can only connect with that wifi connection in the same location.

If you want your son to have an ipod without internet:

1: go to settings
2: scroll down to general
3: scroll down to restrictions
4: click enable restrictions
5: set a 4 digit passcode
6: choose to not allow safari or any other web browsers
7: choose to not allow installing apps without password
8: choose zero access to websites

And that should about do it.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 2:21 pm
Op here
He has Internet but I let him use it when I put the hot spot on. I searched WIFI_BACK on the Internet and it is a hacking tool.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 2:39 pm
He cannot hack something that isn't there. If you have NO internet, he cannot get internet no matter what. What he CAN do is hack the neighbors' WiFi, or he can tether to your 3g or 4g devices. Honestly, you may need to have a real conversation here, where expectations and rules are laid out. You can keep trying this or that method to block it, and he will do this and that method to get around it. THere's always a way around it. There's no substitute for an actual conversation where everyone lays out where they're holding.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 6:18 pm
amother wrote:
He cannot hack something that isn't there. If you have NO internet, he cannot get internet no matter what. What he CAN do is hack the neighbors' WiFi, or he can tether to your 3g or 4g devices. Honestly, you may need to have a real conversation here, where expectations and rules are laid out. You can keep trying this or that method to block it, and he will do this and that method to get around it. THere's always a way around it. There's no substitute for an actual conversation where everyone lays out where they're holding.

Op here
He doesn't agree. He wants to watch movies.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 6:47 pm
amother wrote:
Op here
He doesn't agree. He wants to watch movies.

And? You still need to talk. You want one t&ing, he wants the opposite. He clearly has the means to disregard you entirely. You be need to figure out where to go from here, and this may include allowing some things you're not entirely happy about.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 6:54 pm
You can either allow g/pg movies in your house with you or [filth] and worse outside when he is on his own

The choice is yours

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 9:26 pm
just chiming in to say the same as the other posters. My husband works in the computers. He said that any filter etc... is only good if the person using it wants it, otherwise there is always a way for a kid to get what he wants.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics