Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Reviews on hyland infant cough syrup

artz

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 9:09 am
anyone heard of hyland infant cough syrup do you know if it works I just bought it for my 2 yr old who has a bad cough and cold

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 11:10 am
I don't know about this particular product but I would not give cough syrup to an infant, toddler or child.
Would you consider giving the child olive oil chest treatments and some Motrin for pain?

cbsp

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 9:50 pm
It's homeopathic. My 3yo DS has been on it for the past couple of weeks. Definitely quieted his coughing at night after the second night. (That was after a month+ on zyrtec that didn't seem to help at all) It didn't get rid of the cold/cough, though, so he just started antibiotics...

Refuah shelaima!

mandr

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 11:15 pm
I never used it so I can't say but I do use their teething tablets and find them helpful to an extent.

For coughs, I'd recommend using a vaporizer. It's a must when a kid has a cold, plus it's good all winter long when you run the steam. It can be so dry in a bedroom and that only leads to more illness. Vick's makes a vaporizer that has a tiny heated compartment that releases mentholated vapors if you put a special VapoPad in it. My baby has a horrible cough now and last night he was coughing so much that he couldn't fall asleep normally. I added a VapoPad and within 5 minutes, his coughing completely subsided and he fell right asleep. Sorry if that sounded like a commercial, but it's true Wink

Ashrei

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 11:50 pm
We never used a hyland's product for infants, but had the kids version for cold and cough, which I actually used on myself, and it definitely cleared some symptoms for a few hours. Not a cure, but a big help! I'd recommend it for major symptom relief (if for but a brief time), but if anything else is brewing, you'd better take care of the underlying cause.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics