Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Have you ever heard of this Tzadik?
Previous  1  2

Squash

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 5:36 pm
Amen!!!

IBR

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 6:11 pm
thats the thing my relatives are giving me so many suggestions that I don't know what to do actualy its more my grandfather(not blood related) but he is like a blood related one he has done for me and my family more than any other relative almost and he considers me and my brother closer to him than his own son and granddaughter cause we are frum. He wants me to name the child after his mother if its a girl but the truth is that there is my fathers mother with whom I grew up and took care of and was very close with her name was as my father said Sura and no matter how I tried to explain to him that its the same as Sara he doesn't realy understand that its just a matter of where in europe you come from. She grew up in Romania. anyway I m getting off topic here thank you to everyone

Ruchel

Post Sat, Apr 21 2007, 8:10 pm
Yeah for some people you can use Sara for Sura, or even like Tova for Gittel, but for some others it must be 100% the same name.

farmom

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 6:58 am
I never heard of this rebbe.

However, I have run into MANY people with strange/different names. They were always proud that they were named after such a special person, learned about those qualities, etc, and in general had PRIDE in their names.

It also does say (not sure abt source though) that when named after a special person, it gives one the koach to emulate him/her

hadasa

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 9:30 am
I thought zamvil/zanvil/zangvil was a type of good-smelling spice? I'm not sure where got that idea from - can somebody help?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics