Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Dutch wonderland

amother

Post Tue, Apr 10 2007, 9:41 pm
Anyone ever been? Is it a good place to take a 2 year old? I'm looking for a nice place to take a short vacation close to the NY area. What about Hershey Park? Are there things to do with such a young child?

PIP

Post Tue, Apr 10 2007, 9:52 pm
Dutch Wonderland is great! I took my kids there ages 3 and almost 2 and they LOVED it! Theres also a glatt kosher concession stand over there w\ a reliable hashgacha, so you can stop to eat and then continue on the rides! Its really a lot of fun I really recomend it! Also close by is cherry crest farm also near dutch wonderland, it was great there too the kids loved it there were so many activities for them to do. We had as great time and Im hoping we can go again in the summer, it was really nice!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 4:29 am
a 2 yo would love sesame place

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 7:01 am
My kids loved apple picking, vegetable farms, etc.

micki

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 7:37 am
we went to hershey area and we had a great time.
we stayed on a working farm and everymorning the kids had "chores" to milk goats,collect eggs etc.
the farm itself was gorgeous. the gardens were like gan eden, butteflies tinkling streams a pond to swim in...
it was wonderful.
we decided notto go to any major big attractions becasue it would be too stressful to keep track of the kids.
and we were glad we did.
we went to the hershey botanical gardens, the kids could RUN!!! and we all loved the flowers, GREAT kiddy gardens there too.
we went to an amish buggy ride, thru amish country,
we did a train ride- ok nice idea but got boring quickly.
we never did any amusement parks, but maybe with one kid it would be easier to keep track of. plus I was preg then so we didnt want to wsate money on me when I couldn't go on anything anyway.
but we drove by a few times, and it looked really nice and child friendly.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 7:46 am
Can you tell me the name of the working farm? I would love to experience that.

RachelB

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 2:18 pm
[quote="amother"]Can you tell me the name of the working farm? I would love to experience that.[/quote]
Me too,I think my kids would love it!

micki

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 3:52 pm
the olde fogie farm

http://www.oldefogiefarm.com/

you can tell them we sent you!

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 8:53 pm
Dutch Wonderland is amazing for a 2 year old. I think Hershey Park had a few kiddie rides, but there were much more in Dutch Wonderland. We did the 2 together once on a 3 day vacation with an 18 month old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics