Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How can I figure this out?

imasinger

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 2:56 pm
I am developing something new -- a set of original songs (my words, my tune, some of the keywords and concepts are not mine) on social skills/social thinking, geared for preK and early elementary. I use these songs in the dayschools where I teach music, and they have been very well received.

I spoke today to someone in the public school system to ask about coming in occasionally, say, once a month, to present these songs to the kindergarten, and possibly to some of the early elementary grades as well. The person I spoke with was excited, and said she would run it by the people who could make a decision.

But I'm going to have to figure out how much to charge them. Too little, and I'll have problems changing it later. Too much, and it won't fly.

It's not the kind of thing that I have been able to find average salaries, or listed amounts, because it's something new. I'm not quite sure where to begin.

Should I wait and see what they offer? Should I try to negotiate it?

Side note: Eventually, I may put these songs into a CD, but it's not so simple, because some of them use concepts developed by other people, and I will need to get their permission (and hopefully, interest in marketing my songs on their website) before making it.

Any and all ideas and comments welcome.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 4:21 pm
I respect your need to be compensated for your hard work but PLEASE make it easily accessible. We need to help kids learn to feel confident, get along peacefully with others and contribute to making this world a better place.
Hope the words and ideas reach across the spectrum of religious observance.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 4:32 pm
Will depend very much on where you're located, but in my experience these things generally go about $75-$120 per 45-60 minute session.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics