Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Pros/Cons selling on Ebay or Etsy?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 2:03 pm
What are the Pros/Cons of selling on Ebay and Etsy?

Id be selling small lots of many different kinds of commercial knitting machine needles for under $50.00, so Id possibly need many different listings.

Anyone can give me some basic information of pros and cons of both those sites, or other recommendations?

Thanks.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:
What are the Pros/Cons of selling on Ebay and Etsy?

Id be selling small lots of many different kinds of commercial knitting machine needles for under $50.00, so Id possibly need many different listings.

Anyone can give me some basic information of pros and cons of both those sites, or other recommendations?

Thanks.

These are two very different sites and I don't see why you cannot sell on both.

One thing, Etsy takes much less of your money than ebay.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 2:55 pm
Can anyone recommend useful tutorials for a Beginner Seller?

TIA

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 6:26 pm
Ebay sales go much faster, and you get a lot more views - but the fees are a bit higher.

Etsy will lump you in with all the other supplies sellers, and there's no way to bump your sale to the top. Sales are very slow there.

I've sold on both sites for many years, and it's just hit and miss. Whatever you do, don't post the exact same lot in both places. With bad luck, you'll get buyers for the same item, and you'll have to cancel a sale on someone. That is completely unfair and unprofessional, as well as against the terms of agreement on both sites.

You could also list them on Craigslist, or on a local Facebook community for crafters. If you just want them out of your house, many nursing homes will take extra yarn and needles as donations for the residents.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 6:38 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
If you just want them out of your house, many nursing homes will take extra yarn and needles as donations for the residents.

Thanks for the points above. As far as donating to a nursing home, I have no yarn, only needles. These needles are part of a huge stock of commercial Knitting Machine needles, specifically for huge knitting machines, used in factories only. These are totally different than those used by hand knitters.

There are many different types, used for many different machines. They look like this. I have many thousands,

penguin

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 7:32 pm
So why don't you call commercial knitting companies and see if they will buy them from you?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 7:39 pm
These sound like very specialized supplies. If you look at the labels in todays machine knit sweaters you will find the country of manufacture, places like Pakistan, the Marianas, Yugoslavia, China. This is where you will find buyers since these are not for crafting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics