Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Cant stand seforim everywhere!!!!
Previous  1  2

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 5:41 am
amother wrote:
what does the bolded mean?
I have no idea Scratching Head no idea how it got there. I'll go edit it out for clarity.

momx6

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 6:03 am
I have a similar problem with my son who was just bar mitzvah AND my girls who like a lot of stuff. You have to make sure EVERYTHING has a place for them to put their belongings away - a hook, drawer, closet, basket... And then drive them crazy to utilize the hooks...

The Seforim is different because they are constantly using it BH BH BH so I would just stack them into a neat pile or 2. I also hate clutter but I have to give in just a little bit.

myself

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 6:48 am
IMO this has nothing to do with seforim per se, it's about teaching your kids to clean up after themselves. Ideally they should have been taught when they were little but it's never too late. Start now.

zaq

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 7:02 pm
What dr. mom said.
I would get a big laundry basket or similar vessel, fill it up with all the stuff that's lying around out of place, and leave it in a discreet corner of the room. When the perpetrators can't find what they need, I would direct them to the "lost and found".
I might institute a system of fines or consequences. IOW, if your stuff is still in the L&F a week later, it will be given away, or you can redeem it by doing certain chores above and beyond your regular ones. If it's something that doesn't belong to the person, like a library book, then that person has to pay for it out of his or her own money. There have to be consequences or your pet slobs will just continue slobbifying.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 7:15 pm
Fwiw , the steipler said someone who doesn't put seforim away in a be is medrash is a rosha and a gozlan. He used to scream about it
If they do this at home, they probably do it in shgul too, so it's a mitzva to train them
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics