Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
To vaccinate or not to vaccinate
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Maybe

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:53 pm
PM me I will get you in touch with

A. MD's Who respect & advise you

B. Support groups

C. Attorneys who will fight to get some goverment compensation

Last edited by Maybe on Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 8:58 pm
I dunno, amother, my doctor has pretty traditional views about vaccines and such but he would not dismiss these types of concerns. I'd like to think he is not the only one. Everyone knows that vaccines can cause reactions, in fact it's listed on the drug fact sheet that comes with the vaccine. The disagreement is about whether the rare risk of vaccine side effects outweighs the large chance of preventing equally risky diseases. This is something of a stalemate but it does not deny that there are risks and benefits on both sides. I am pretty sure that it is mainstream practice to stop a vaccine to which a child has had a severe adverse reaction.

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:09 pm
amother wrote:
I really need to hear from screen names so I can compare with where you stand in general based on your past posts.
A bunch of another posts do not help me either way.
I am torn already, and I am looking for more info.
I will look into that gene. Does it involve blood work? Will I have to find this test on my own?

I am pro vaccine as is obvious by my past posts. I would find a new pediatrician ASAP.
I don't have any concrete medical advice or research leads for you but if I was in your position I would one thousand percent hold off vaccinating until I discussed my concerns with a doctor that takes me seriously. (My pediatrician would take me seriously even after the first time this happened.)
I don't know where you are located but if you PM me your location I can tell you who my pediatrician is. I fully trust him.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:34 pm
Why don't you try Dr. Susan Schulman. I know she vaccinates but in my experience she spent a long time listening and less time talking.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:
I see I touched a nerve, and everyone has a right to share their story.
However, I am asking, no begging. If anyone else can give me a substantial lead to begin research, please do so. Preferably under your screen name, and preferably those who fight on the side of vaccination here on Imamother.

I don't know what to believe, but I do know that I can't trust hearsay, and that I definitely can't trust personal stories by amother.
Links to landing pages promoting someone's work are not enough for me. I don't know the people involved, and I definitely don't know their credentials. My son will be 10 years old by the time I figure out if those links are representing accurate information.

I'm not a doctor or a lawyer, and I haven't done any formal research in years.

Help

You're asking us to out ourselves when you aren't doing the same. But I get that. This isn't the kind of thing people want others knowing about themselves.

I won't post under my real name, sorry.

But your story is terrifying. It's stories like that that keep me from vaccinating. I'm scared about what I'll do when it's time to send my kids to school. It's hard to find out which schools will accept a religious exemption and which wont. And you'll be hounded by the world. I've lost friends over it. Hint--don't tell anyone about it.

I personally had a vaccine injury, as did my husband. Not vaccinating is the obvious choice for us.

And it's understandable that you are not a doctor or a lawyer but you are a mother and as a mother you are seeing the toxic affects on your precious child. Is he worth the risk? He bounced back the first two times do you think you'll be so lucky again?? Don't do it.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:
Why don't you try Dr. Susan Schulman. I know she vaccinates but in my experience she spent a long time listening and less time talking.

She will vax by the book, no matter what. I know many who left her b/c of that.

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:44 pm
Very unusual reaction.

I recommend that you hold off on vaccinating for the time being, and switch to a new pediatrician. Re-evaluate in a couple of years.

(By the way, why not post under your screen name when asking others to do so?)

ange

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 9:48 pm
amother wrote:
She will vax by the book, no matter what. I know many who left her b/c of that.

I agree. She's not the one to go to with this.

Bottom line is you're going to have to invest the time doing the research. No one else can do it for you. There are books, videos etc. You need to do your research and trust your gut. And by the way, medical journals are known to censor studies that demonstrate the dangers of vaccines, so just realize the medical community will never give you a fair view of what's actually going on.

From one mother to another, please, be careful with your baby...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:09 pm
I believe OP is fishing...

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:14 pm
amother wrote:
I believe OP is fishing...

I totally agree.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:15 pm
OP, I'm not sure what kind of research you are looking for. Do you want proof that vaccines can trigger developmental issues? Do you want proof that some children do have unusual side effects of vaccines? Do you want proof that some damage may be irreversible? Do you want proof that many of the VPD's (vaccine preventable diseases) are treatable, and information how to do so if it comes up?

I'm another amother so it won't help, but the reason why I only vaccinate spread apart, when kid is 100% healthy, and only one at a time is so I can catch side effects like the one you reported. And stop before the damage is irreversible.

Almost ALL of the horror stories I read about vaccine damage were with parents who vaccinated again after it was clear that their child was not handling the vax well.

ange

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:18 pm
How can you not cry watching this? No, my research didn't just consist of you tube videos, but in all seriousness, how can thousands and thousands of parents have the same story and be ridiculed for what is the truth. Vaccines can cause autism and other neurological damage.

https://youtu.be/lK_GehmssyU

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:39 pm
ange wrote:
How can you not cry watching this? No, my research didn't just consist of you tube videos, but in all seriousness, how can thousands and thousands of parents have the same story and be ridiculed for what is the truth. Vaccines can cause autism and other neurological damage.

I'm sorry but I've written a term paper on autism and sifted through many peer reviewed articles in journals and the link between autism and vaccines has been disproven many times.

I am not saying that vaccines can never cause damage but your post is just incorrect.

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:40 pm
I do know people IRL that don't vaccinate and the ones that have done their research properly also say that there is no link between vaccines and autism.
They don't vaccinate for other reasons .

ange

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:48 pm
cnc wrote:
I'm sorry but I've written a term paper on autism and sifted through many peer reviewed articles in journals and the link between autism and vaccines has been disproven many times.

I am not saying that vaccines can never cause damage but your post is just incorrect.

What part isn't correct? That thousands of people aren't experiencing what they think they are experiencing?
What about the per reviewed articles that got censored and didn't make it into the journals? Have you read those too? What about the cdc whistleblower who admitted to doctoring the data that had clearly showed a link? Did you get to review that also? And while you were at it, did you also review the vaers reported cases of vaccine injury, and what do you think about the fact that the vaccine courts have awarded money for injuries...why would they do that if you're right?

Maybe My Family

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 10:57 pm
ange wrote:

Who gives a child 9 vaccine at once?!?! Even if you can prove that this child's autism was caused by the vaccines.... I would first write this up to malpractice on the Drs part it would not in any way deter me from giving my child the 2-3 vaccines that are normally given per visit...:

Maybe

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:01 pm
https://www.scientificamerican.....ffer/

https://sharylattkisson.com/wh.....dies/

Last edited by Maybe on Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:02 pm
cutemom1 wrote:
Who gives a child 9 vaccine at once?!?! Even if you can prove that this child's autism was caused by the vaccines.... I would first write this up to malpractice on the Drs part it would not in any way deter me from giving my child the 2-3 vaccines that are normally given per visit...:

I didn't watch the link but my pediatrician told me that the most he ever gave was seven vaccines. The patient was a child that had just come to America from a third world country and was never vaccinated for anything.

In general, he does not allow more than three vaccines at a time but prefers two. Are there really pediatricians that give nine vaccines at a time??

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:04 pm
cutemom1 wrote:

Hello, 2-3 vaccines that you're child gets are combined vaccines! MMR is 3 vaccines, so is DTap. Plus there are additional combinations including hep a and hep b, hib, etc.

ETA: According to the cdc schedule, https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/s......html at the 2 month visit, a baby would be getting 8 vaccines.

gold21

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
Hello, 2-3 vaccines that you're child gets are combined vaccines! MMR is 3 vaccines, so is DTap. Plus there are additional combinations including hep a and hep b, hib, etc.

ETA: According to the cdc schedule, https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/s......html at the 2 month visit, a baby would be getting 8 vaccines.

It is a lot. I personally split my vaccines in half, I come twice for each set of vaccines.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics