Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Boots on Shabbat

amother
Red

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 12:03 pm
I didn't want to derail another thread.

In that thread, a poster rejected an idea to wear boots with her dress, because, "I forgot to mention that this is for Shabbos, so I don't think the boots will work."

Now, me, if I couldn't wear boots, I would not venture outside on Shabbat or Yom Tov for half the year. And boots are very acceptable in my community.

Do others not wear boots on Shabbat?

shyshira

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 12:09 pm
I wear winter boot to walk to shul, and change to leather boots for shul... but if leather boots didn't suit my outfit - I'd put on regular shoes.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 12:15 pm
I wear boots on Shabbos. They're fashion boots so not super warm but better than none. If I need snow boots or I have a simcha I'll bring shoes and change when I get there.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 1:03 pm
I wear fashion boots on shabbos. In the winter all I wear is booties and boots. Although in my circles I don't often see others wearing it, I don't really give a flip. I think they're cute and comfy and that's all the matters. I'm chareidi, if that makes a difference.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 1:07 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I wear fashion boots on shabbos. In the winter all I wear is booties and boots. Although in my circles I don't often see others wearing it, I don't really give a flip. I think they're cute and comfy and that's all the matters. I'm chareidi, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

As I said, I didn't want to derail the thread, but I was shocked to think that some groups wouldn't wear boots in the cold on Shabbat. But perhaps it was limited to that poster. (Who, of course, is entitled to her own tastes in clothing.)

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 2:39 pm
I wear boots on shabbos if needed and if the event/venue is dressy I change into something more appropriate when I arrive.
If I can't change because of carrying issues, and boots are necessary, I make sure that the boots I wear are more dressy.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 2:51 pm
Yes there's the problem of carry but you do what you can fashion wise

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 4:06 pm
Because we don’t have an acceptable eruv so therefore can’t carry, I give dressy shoes to my husband to bring to shul on Friday night before Shabbos. I change into them when I get there Shabbos day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics