Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Chaya stern or leah wolofsky nutritionist

President

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 8:20 am
Can anyone recommend any of these two for a ten year old obese girl? Anyone have experience with one of them? If yes, what was your experience?

President

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 11:40 am
Bump

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 11:58 am
Pleasw go only to a registered dietitian! Esp when dealing with children.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 12:45 pm
I used Leah Wolofsky in the past for my son who is overweight. She is very sweet with kids and took my insurance (Healthfirst) which was a big help. I think she is a registered dietitian (she definitely has a degree in nutrition or she wouldn't be able to accept insurance).

I never used Chaya Stern (although I heard of her) because she was too expensive.

President

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 1:25 pm
amother wrote:
I used Leah Wolofsky in the past for my son who is overweight. She is very sweet with kids and took my insurance (Healthfirst) which was a big help. I think she is a registered dietitian (she definitely has a degree in nutrition or she wouldn't be able to accept insurance).

I never used Chaya Stern (although I heard of her) because she was too expensive.

Thanks! Leah doesn't take my insurance so that won't make a difference but I need someone that won't make my daughter feel bad about her weight. She's enough complexes as is.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 1:32 pm
President wrote:
Thanks! Leah doesn't take my insurance so that won't make a difference but I need someone that won't make my daughter feel bad about her weight. She's enough complexes as is.

Leah is a doll. I used her as a nutritionist and I know her on a personal level as well. I would feel
very comfortable sending my child to her.

real israeli

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 5:15 pm
I've used Chaya stern for myself. I had a great experience with her, and would recommend. I found her to be sympathetic and practical.
She is a PA and definitely has some sort of nutrition qualifications not sure exactly what.
I can answer specific questions if you'd like.

President

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 5:37 am
I'm looking for someone that's kid friendly and also realistic. After all my daughter is all of ten years old and can not be put on a diet of broccoli and quinoa...

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 4:50 pm
Any nutritionist worth her salt will work with what your kid likes to eat and try to create a meal plan that makes you and your kid happy. I don't think too many people would go to nutritionists if they only allowed them to eat quinoa and broccoli all day.

987gold

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 4:58 pm
I went to chaya stern 20 years ago as an 8th grader, and I assume she only got better since. she is very nice and I remember her telling me to go shopping and make sure we have healthy foods in the house that I like, like grape tomatoes, etc.

President

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 5:50 pm
THanks all. It seems like I can't go wrong with either one..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics