Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Speech therapist - RSA

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 10:47 am
I got a rsa from boe for my dc. Looking for an excellent speech therapist in willamsburg. All info appreciate. Tia

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 5:20 pm
Anyone

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 6:39 pm
Male or Female? Is the child a girl or boy?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 6:40 pm
Male child is a 6 yo boy.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:27 pm
Bumping this up! Need someone really good to start asap.tia

InnerMe

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:34 pm
Do you specifically not want to go with an agency? Because I find most people do that, and the agencies can have pretty good ones. You just need to find out who that is from parents in the school, and request that one. You may not be able to get your choice. But it's worth a shot.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:39 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Do you specifically not want to go with an agency? Because I find most people do that, and the agencies can have pretty good ones. You just need to find out who that is from parents in the school, and request that one. You may not be able to get your choice. But it's worth a shot.

Have been with an agency till now and it didnt work out. I find that not everyone is good at being a speech therapist they got to know what there doing, and most don't. A few months ago we started with someone new he was great however he got a better position in bp/Flatbush so he's out. He did an amazing job.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:44 pm
Hmmm... can he recommend someone?
Also, that's why I said there are some and some. Agencies have so many therapists, that you have the full spectrum there. If you inquire, and specifically ask for someone they may be able to accommodate you. Also agency therapy centers often have a higher percentage of more professional ones, versus the ones they send to schools.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:48 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Hmmm... can he recommend someone?
Also, that's why I said there are some and some. Agencies have so many therapists, that you have the full spectrum there. If you inquire, and specifically ask for someone they may be able to accommodate you. Also agency therapy centers often have a higher percentage of more professional ones, versus the ones they send to schools.

Asked him he didnt have anyone that he would trust. I want to know if someone has someone that they had a good experience with and they know there stuff. I don't trust the agencys they give you whoever they have available.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:49 pm
amother wrote:
Asked him he didnt have anyone that he would trust. I want to know if someone has someone that they had a good experience with and they know there stuff. I don't trust the agencys they give you whoever they have available.

Hear ya... Hope you get some names here, as I have no experience dealing with private therapists. Hatzlacha!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 11:52 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Hear ya... Hope you get some names here, as I have no experience dealing with private therapists. Hatzlacha!

Thank you. Im open to hear if anyone had a good speech therapist by agency as well. Greatly appreciate it.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Dec 06 2017, 9:41 am
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics