Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Gulliver’s Gate
Previous  1  2

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 7:10 am
amother wrote:
Who said anything about the person from BP owning it???? I wrote that he invested in it.
The co-founder is a person from Israel. He and his fellow co-founders started this project on Kickstarter where people got a chance to invest in it. One of the investors was somebody heimish from BP.

Irving Langer is from the 5T. ( I don't know about his brother...)

Unless you're referring to the Kickstarter? People usually give a few dollars on Kickstarter- there may be many heimishe people that invested on Kickstarter....

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 7:15 am
cnc wrote:

Unless you're referring to the Kickstarter? People usually give a few dollars on Kickstarter- there may be many heimishe people that invested on Kickstarter....

Wasn't referring to Langer, he's a co-founder. Was referring to someone who invested, more than just a few dollars.
Let's just say it's Jewish owned, it's getting too complicated Smile .

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 7:19 am
amother wrote:
Wasn't referring to Langer, he's a co-founder. Was referring to someone who invested, more than just a few dollars.

Lol, according to the article the whole Kickstarter raised only 20K- how much could he have invested already? I would assume that for a project of this size 20k is bubkes..

Eta: The article clearly says that this is a 40 million dollar project and the Langers are investors. I wouldn't consider someone that invests 20k in a 40 million dollar project an owner .
But you're right, it's certainly Jewish owned.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 7:33 am
cnc wrote:
Lol, according to the article the whole Kickstarter raised only 20K- how much could he have invested already? I would assume that for a project of this size 20k is bubkes..

Eta: The article clearly says that this is a 40 million dollar project and the Langers are investors. I wouldn't consider someone that invests 20k in a 40 million dollar project an owner .
But you're right, it's certainly Jewish owned.

That's what I said originally. He's an investor. I'm not sure the exact details (and I will assume he invested off Kickstarter, because I agree that 20k for 40m project is a joke and from what I know, he definitely invested more.) But I'm not sure how they worked it out, if he has a percentage or stake in the company. I just mentioned this detail because I thought it's cool. Let's forget it. Let's just say it's owned by someone in Israel and another Jewish person from NY.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
Who said anything about the person from BP owning it???? I wrote that he invested in it.
The co-founder is a person from Israel. He and his fellow co-founders started this project on Kickstarter where people got a chance to invest in it. One of the investors was somebody heimish from BP.

I know whom your referring to. He doesn't live in bp. Hes not just an investor it was his idea in the first place, he got all these people together to help him build his dream.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:

With this your right all of the owners are jewish.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:34 pm
cnc wrote:

You mean his son? Irving and his son Michael both have a share in this.

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:36 pm
amother wrote:
You mean his son? Irving and his son Michael both have a share in this.

I thought the article said the Langers are brothers- maybe I read too quickly. I only know Irving, not Michael...

Eta/ I stand corrected. The article makes no mention of the relationship between the Langers- I don't know why I assumed that they were brothers

Last edited by cnc on Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:38 pm
cnc wrote:
I thought the article said the Langers are brothers- maybe I read too quickly. I only know Irving, not Michael...

Dont know what it says there. I know the facts.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 23 2018, 2:41 pm
Its amazing how a dream became a reality. After many many hard years. Every time Im there Im amazed again!

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 10:53 am
Has anyone ever been to the national geographic encounter?

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
Has anyone ever been to the national geographic encounter?

Somebody asked this on page 1 of this thread, see my response there.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 2:12 pm
doctorima wrote:
There was a recent thread on this which you should be able to find by searching, or perhaps somebody can post the link. I believe it's even more expensive than Gulliver's Gate, and its duration is even shorter.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....29983 The only thread I can find was this, and there are no responses yet. (I just bumped it up.)

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 3:19 pm
Here's the thread (it comes up at the end of page 2 and mostly on page 3):
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....art=0

I also received a follow-up PM to that thread. I won't include her name since that's private, but I assume the info she sent me could benefit others, so I feel comfortable sharing it:

Hi, I wanted to let you know we went to visit. While we really enjoyed and it was very beautiful I feel like it wasn't worth the money. It is geared more for kids. DH and I were bored at certain parts, but my son LOVED it. It was over pretty fast, and for $40 a person it wasn't worth it. If it would be a little cheaper it would be a great place to take kids.

They had a mirrored maze which was fun, they also had a 3D show. Then they had a section where the kids could stand in front of a screen and move their arms and a sea lion moves accordingly.
At the end there is a section where the kids could play games and color.
It is a beautiful place, and made very nicely, though expensive.

R3D

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 3:24 pm
I personally know one of the partners from BP. He happens to live on my corner. Davens in the same shul as DH. Has a huge real estate office in willi, my brother works for him. He recently treated all of his employees there for a trip.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 3:26 pm
R3D wrote:
I personally know one of the partners from BP. He happens to live on my corner. Davens in the same shul as DH. Has a huge real estate office in willi, my brother works for him. He recently treated all of his employees there for a trip.

I know all of the owners I have no clue whom your talking about.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 24 2018, 3:30 pm
R3D wrote:

Are you taking about an invester or a co-founder? There's a different between the two.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics