Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How many Mishloach Manos do you give out?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

How many MM do you give out?
1-10  
 16%  [ 35 ]
10-25  
 32%  [ 67 ]
25-50  
 36%  [ 77 ]
50-100  
 11%  [ 25 ]
100+  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 209

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 27 2018, 10:55 pm
amother wrote:
I'm curious, for people who live "in town" or in a large frum community, how many neighbors do you give to?

We give to 25 neighbors, and that's just our block and about 2 or 3 around the corner.

When we had 50 families on our block we only gave to those that we had a relationship with. They all did the same. It was more like 10. Now I live out and we are the only Jewish people on our block, we give to people five roads away, since they are our "neighbors" now. My Purim list shrunk considerably once I moved far out.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 12:02 am
Approx 35 reg. Ones
10 teachers
25 kiddie ones for cousins
15-20 kids friends

I voted 50-100
My reg. Mm are very cheap. Iced coffee, cheap container (35 cents) homemade cookies.
Friends are also between $1-$2
Kiddie approx $1 including bag.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 1:52 am
My DH is a shul Rav so we prepare enough for the entire shul. We give to everyone who comes to us. Each of my kids also gives to a few friends so we easily prepare over 150.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 11:31 am
I give exactly one - the mitsvah and allow the savings to a lavish seduah and my kids to give out 15 - 20 each... they give small but to loads of friends. Bh. They r happy. Fogure my neighbors dont need my grape juice and chocolate (not to put down what others do).
And yes they all still give me and know I dont give back (except to their kids)....my mom.is horrified but we fine with it.
And I assure you I have plentry of friends still bh...never had a fall out over someone not giving or receiving !

simcha2

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 12:39 pm
We give out 100 to friends. We live oot and that is about half the community. (We give to everyone through the shul list). We love mm. We love coming up with crazy ideas that bring simcha. We definitely do not expect everyone to give us back. We love driving around and delivering.

The big kids give to their classes (24+12) and to their friends who live in our community buy don't go their respective schools (another 10 or so).

So about 140-150.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 3:41 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Yes. Like a homemade danish and an iced coffee on a plate shrink wrapped would be about $1.50 each. My shalach manos including packaging never exceeds $3.00 each.

Except according to recent threads everyone will throw that out😕

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 4:40 pm
JAWSCIENCE wrote:

Bec. it's homemade?

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 4:57 pm
amother wrote:
Bec. it's homemade?

Some because its homemade. Some because they cant eat it right away and wont freeze it because they’ll assume its already been frozen (even though it may not have been) and cant be refrozen. Some because they dont find the wrapping appealing. Some because they dont eat homemade from you because they’ve heard that you have a dirty house. Some bc they see a kid’s finger print. Some because they dont trust your kashrus. Some will throw it away because they feel a dainish and iced coffee has too much sugar and sugar is toxic. Throw it out - dont Gd forbid give it to anyone else. Why pass that poison on? Others because it was left outside (no one came to the door) and it was left outside for who knows how long (may have been 30 degrees. May have been still cold). Doesnt matter.

You cant win. Dont try. Just give with a smile.

Yes, these threads always get to me.

Last edited by watergirl on Thu, Mar 01 2018, 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Miri7

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
I voted 1-10 because op wrote how many preplanned ones. I give very few and besides last year, I never used to go out to go out and give. This year since I went out last year and noticed so many people collecting tzedaka for themselves, I'm making for them too. Last year, I gave whatever money I had to them and I noticed that they were holding a few mm. I figured it was from people who didn't have money on them, but extra mm. I decided this year I was going to make mm that is a meal, a sandwich and cookie and give it to the people collecting along with tzedaka and give my friends just the mm Wink . I'm making 30 of them.

Congratulations!!! You just won my personal award for best MM!!

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 11:30 pm
We made 74 for $43. About 9 are for teachers/administrators. The rest are for friends and neighbors.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 12:14 am
JAWSCIENCE wrote:

I give out approx. 35 homemade cookies ones but most of that is family and I know they eat it. The other few are very close friends (that eat meals by us) and a few neighbors.

happy mommy6

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 12:20 am
Cozy blanket, what did you give?

cozyblanket

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 7:35 am
happy mommy6 wrote:
Cozy blanket, what did you give?

We didn't give it yet!!
Very Happy

In case anyone might recognize it, I will be vague.
We got 3 cases of a drink from Costco (not water). Plus a hamentash and one other small item. Made a cute presentation with it all.

Cheap and all bought. I would rather give a lot of simple and cute ones than a few fancy ones. We have a couple nicer ones for specific people.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 8:38 am
Miri7 wrote:
Congratulations!!! You just won my personal award for best MM!!

Thank you! How kind of you to say.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 10:25 am
watergirl wrote:
Others because it was left outside (no one came to the door) and it was left outside for who knows how long (may have been 30 degrees. May have been still cold). Doesnt matter.

I'm the one who said I throw out any perishables because I'm not home. Its 58 today. I left at 7:30 am to deliver to others, and won't be home until after the seuda at maybe 7:30 pm.

Maybe you live in a different type of community, but where I live, that's almost always the case.

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 11:02 am
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm the one who said I throw out any perishables because I'm not home. Its 58 today. I left at 7:30 am to deliver to others, and won't be home until after the seuda at maybe 7:30 pm.

Maybe you live in a different type of community, but where I live, that's almost always the case.

Is it possible one of your neighbors could accept deliveries today for you?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 11:31 am
Squishy wrote:
Is it possible one of your neighbors could accept deliveries today for you?

I doubt anyone is home.

But everything is safe and protected from the elements, and I doubt anyone is sending anything perishable.

Chag sameach.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 11:55 am
I make 4-6 nicer ones for teachers. I make 4 for neighbors. I make 30 for adult friends, and 30 for kids friends.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 10:37 pm
24 for my friends.. and 20 for kids friends

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 01 2018, 10:55 pm
About 15 teachers
10 friends and neighbors
70 for kids friends
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics