Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone know NY highly educated single Asian guys in 30s?
Previous  1  2

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Mar 18 2018, 9:54 pm
amother wrote:
Really? Lee.

Smile that one could be a few different cultures.

But yes - really. Had you said she was "Dr. Kim" more likely she is Korean (or Korean heritage). Or "Dr. Zhang" more likely she is Chinese (or Chinese heritage)

ETA - Asian is not limited to these two countries - these are just examples.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 12:07 am
I thought Lee was Korean?

happyone

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 12:13 am
Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match....

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 12:21 am
amother wrote:
I thought Lee was Korean?

can be, can also not be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_(surname_%E6%9D%8E)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUrTeqcE0xs

WhatFor

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:01 pm
amother wrote:
I guess its like Polish Jews and Hungarian Jews used to be.

If someone comes up with highly educated Asian, smart refined guy in his thirties, Id happily try.

That's sweet of you to try to help another person find happiness but you may want to ask her what kind of similarities she's looking for.

Your example is actually closer to saying, "does anyone know a North American I can set up with another North American?" Someone from Canada may have little in common with a particular person in Mexico, and yet they're both from North America. Also, if she's in the US, did she actually grow up American?

If so, when she says she's looking for someone similar to her, she may not mean ethnically. She may mean someone who has similar interests to her, and if she's American, she may also be looking for an American, regardless of race.

I think it's perfectly fine to ask her what kind of community she grew up in, and to ask her if she's looking for someone from that kind of community. If she's American, she might be offended if you ask her something like, "where are you really from?" so no need to bring that up unless she specifies that she's looking for a guy who is from a particular country or ethnicity.

bruriyah

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:26 pm
PM me. I know someone.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:28 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Your example is actually closer to saying, "does anyone know a North American I can set up with another North American?" Someone from Canada may have little in common with a particular person in Mexico, and yet they're both from North America. Also, if she's in the US, did she actually grow up American?

OP here.

I disagree.

If two doctors or two very highly educated professionals have similar age temperament and backgrounds, thats a very good starting point.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:30 pm
simba wrote:
Reminds me of the time the Asian lady in the nail salon insisted my sister date another customers Jewish son! She said they were rich and jewish and her mom said he was smart and handsome.
So cute!

I would live to hear a story like that from Rabbi Yoel Gold, and.. They met, fell in love and lived happily ever after! Ahhhh

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:31 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.

I disagree.

If two doctors or two very highly educated professionals have similar age temperament and backgrounds, thats a very good starting point.

So what is the relevance of "Asian" here? Are you just looking to match two people in their mid thirties with good education?

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 4:35 pm
amother wrote:
So what is the relevance of "Asian" here? Are you just looking to match two people in their mid thirties with good education?

This doesnt sound like its ltoeles, but am I wrong to feel that all different Asians are likely to have more commonality than Asians and Caucasians?

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
This doesnt sound like its ltoeles, but am I wrong to feel that all different Asians are likely to have more commonality than Asians and Caucasians?

A third generation American with Chinese ancestors will likely have way more in common with a third generation white American, than she will with a first generation Korean American.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 5:30 pm
amother wrote:
A third generation American with Chinese ancestors will likely have way more in common with a third generation white American, than she will with a first generation Korean American.

Great. You know any polished kind brilliant sensitive worldly male doctors in their 30s, looking to get married/

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 5:34 pm
amother wrote:
Great. You know any polished kind brilliant sensitive worldly male doctors in their 30s, looking to get married/

now he needs to be a doctor? Tongue Out

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:
now he needs to be a doctor? Tongue Out

Preferably, not a must. Tongue Out

Do YOU have anyone in mind?

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 6:31 pm
amother wrote:
Preferably, not a must. Tongue Out

Do YOU have anyone in mind?

Send over her shidduch resume, and I'll review it and let you know.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 6:38 pm
amother wrote:
Send over her shidduch resume, and I'll review it and let you know.

Done, aubergine, immediately, because you sound so serious and well intentioned.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 6:43 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.

I disagree.

I don't disagree with you that any two ppl from random backgrounds can hypothetically have a lot in common. I'm just pointing out that your phrasing was very broad and may not yield the ideal match that you are looking for. If you think she'll have more in common with a doctor of any background, then you might put that in your title.

In any case, I think your intentions are sweet and hope you find someone for her.

justforfun87

Post Mon, Mar 19 2018, 8:58 pm
I have a really nice coworker who is a Respiratory Therapist and Chinese. He is single never been married and lives in Baltimore. PM me if you think this could actually happen.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 1:44 am
I guess the confusing part is that you say she wants someone with a "similar background," but it is not clear to the readers here if you meant educational background, ethnic background, religious background, someone who grew up the oldest of 5 siblings, children of immigrant parents, all of the above, some of the above, etc.

If the situation were reversed and you told this woman that you wanted to meet someone with a "similar background" and she set you up with a Caucasian Swedish Lutheran man with a level of education or profession similar to your own, that wouldn't be a great match -- even though you may both be White masters degree holders who work in accounting offices.

elisheva25

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 10:26 am
DrMom wrote:
I guess the confusing part is that you say she wants someone with a "similar background," but it is not clear to the readers here if you meant educational background, ethnic background, religious background, someone who grew up the oldest of 5 siblings, children of immigrant parents, all of the above, some of the above, etc.

If the situation were reversed and you told this woman that you wanted to meet someone with a "similar background" and she set you up with a Caucasian Swedish Lutheran man with a level of education or profession similar to your own, that wouldn't be a great match -- even though you may both be White masters degree holders who work in accounting offices.

Lol 😂 !!!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries