Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What most affects your ability to be there for your kids?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 8:57 am
mental illness, introversion, and sensory issues. Seems I'm not the only one. I have to admit I'm surprised by some of the people who have shared the same, totally wouldn't have guessed...

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 9:09 am
I just need sleep! Waking up every few hours is killing me

Coffee Addict

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 9:25 am
This thread is so relatable! Thunderstorm, you nailed it to perfection! I’m so happy and relieved that I’m not the only one. Like you said, it takes lots of energy to stop my magazine and read a story for them.

This is a raw, honest, and real thread, I haven’t seen in a long time!

I CRAVE me time!!! I love my kids but my anxiety flares up when they’re to clingy.

I need my sleep and my space and everyone should behave like little angels, and than I’m hopefully the best mom LOL Very Happy

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 11:06 am
Zehava wrote:
Oh honey
You’re an introvert. Google it. It’ll change your life.
Ours is an extroverted world, that values being “out there” and “socializing” but we have a lot they don’t.
We think deeper, we feel deeper, we love deeper. Yes I do need space from my kids so I don’t spend as much time with them as I would ideally like, but I also understand them, accept them as they are, and am attuned to what they are feeling and what they are going through.

I've always known I'm an introvert.

The problem with me is that I thought I'm too much of an introvert when it comes to my kids. Like there's something wrong with me that no matter how much alone time and self-care I take, it's never enough. BH I make it through the day (mostly) with my kids, but it's so hard and I sometimes barely survive it, to stay calm and present and literally hold my breath waiting for the blessed quiet of night-time.

I fear for when my kids will be teens and need me till later in the night. I want to be there for them. I'm afraid it will be too much for me.

Zehava

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 11:10 am
amother wrote:
I've always known I'm an introvert.

The problem with me is that I thought I'm too much of an introvert when it comes to my kids. Like there's something wrong with me that no matter how much alone time and self-care I take, it's never enough. BH I make it through the day (mostly) with my kids, but it's so hard and I sometimes barely survive it, to stay calm and present and literally hold my breath waiting for the blessed quiet of night-time.

I fear for when my kids will be teens and need me till later in the night. I want to be there for them. I'm afraid it will be too much for me.

Just because teens are up later doesn’t mean they’ll need you in the same way. Teens are more independent, they are busy with their friends and don’t need you every minute in the same way that preschoolers do. Take it one day at a time.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 11:50 am
amother wrote:
I'm not there fully in the way my kids want me to be. Standards have rapidly risen since they were born and it's so hard to keep up with the perfect lifestyle they see others have.

If you are talking about working to make money to support kids lifestyle, then I understand where your coming from.

If not, kids dont need things and vacations and presents. They need to just be with their parents. That's all. And then you don't have to feel guilty
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics