Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Harry Potter World in Orlando

LO

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 11:05 am
Hi All! I am considering taking my kids to Harry Potter World in Orlando, but when I go online, it looks like the Harry Potter stuff is divided between two parks so that you are forced to pay for both - $170 per person!!!! Is that true? Is one part better/bigger than the other? What is there to do there? Did you like it in general?

Would love any and all feedback so I can decide if it's worth it....Thanks!

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 1:58 pm
I went there a few years ago and yes it was $167 to go to both parts. For me once I was going to be paying a lot of money it wasn’t worth it to only go to one park. I am a huge HP fan and was only going to Universal for HP World. If your planning on going to the other attractions in Universal then you get much more for your money since you have access to everything in which ever park(s) you pay for. I didn’t even bother checking out the non HP parts of Universal because I wasn’t interested in them. But if you and whomever you’re going with are interested in the other rides/parts then it might be worth it to only pay for one park’s entrance because then you get a whole lot more than just HP world. If you have to choose between the 2 parks I personally thought Diagon Alley was cooler than Hogesmade but they were both fun. Also think twice before paying to buy an interactive wand because it sounds a lot cooler than it really is at least in my opinion. The motions you had to do with the wand to activate the “magic” were really complicated and hard to get right! (It was still fun trying of course but it was really expensive.) The nice thing about my experience was that I ended up getting a full refund of my $167 tickets after the trip because when I was on the Hogwarts Express it broke down for 45 minutes-we were stuck and no one told us what was going on. We thought it was part of the ride when it stopped at first (ie Dementors will come on to look for Sirius Black) but after 45 minutes of nothing...anyways we called and complained and with a little bit of fighting we got a refund Smile Anyways I hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions!

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 2:43 pm
Orlando Torah Academy has significantly discounted tickets for both 1 park 1 day and 1 day park-to-park (which means both parks and includes the Hogwarts Express). Their number is 407-270-4936. They're also really knowledgeable about where to stay, Kosher food, and other Jewish travel questions.

LO

Post Thu, Aug 16 2018, 4:42 pm
Thanks! So what’s type of stuff do you get to do there? Is it more rides? Shows? Can you do both parts of HP world in one day?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics