Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Question for Harry Potter Fans

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:11 pm
Please help one of my kids with this. He is going to put those straws that are filled with chocolate or strawberry balls that are meant to be used as a straw to drink milk.

What potion is this? Clearly not polyjuice. But we’re hitting a blank.

(He’s also doing chocolate rocks as bezoars and green sour sticks as gillyweed).

Each thing is going in a test tube with a label on it.

Open to other ideas aside from the straws.

amother
Gardenia

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:22 pm
Maybe do butter beer? Aka root beer in glass bottles?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:23 pm
Felix Felicis, Liquid Luck!

(Or maybe they could they be butterbeer straws?)

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:44 pm
Wands, obviously!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:49 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Wands, obviously!

This is actually his third iteration of a different kind of Harry Potter costume so we’ve done ones in the past. He’s going to be a Hufflepuff cottage player this year.

In the past, we did a chocolate, frogs, poly juice, potion, Gold gallons, corn cake, etc. This year these things are going in a test tube as different kinds of potions.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:53 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
Felix Felicis, Liquid Luck!

(Or maybe they could they be butterbeer straws?)

He actually really likes the idea of doing Felix Felicis, but he really wants it to be orange, so maybe we’ll do those orange and cream bottles of Stewart’s and put a label on it. Thanks!

He decided after thinking about it more, he’s going to put red licorice with a label of dragon, heartstrings and gummy worms as leeches, and I think he’s going to do the Gillyweed as well.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:15 pm
Neville once made a badly botched shrinking solution that was orange, but it wasn't supposed to be orange lol. Other potions mentioned include veritaserum (which is supposed to clear), Felix Felicis (gold), amortentia (irridescent), draught of living death (don't remember what color that's supposed to be). There is aging potion, wolfsbane, load of others. Check the Harry Potter wiki for more ideas, maybe something is orange.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 8:00 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
Neville once made a badly botched shrinking solution that was orange, but it wasn't supposed to be orange lol. Other potions mentioned include veritaserum (which is supposed to clear), Felix Felicis (gold), amortentia (irridescent), draught of living death (don't remember what color that's supposed to be). There is aging potion, wolfsbane, load of others. Check the Harry Potter wiki for more ideas, maybe something is orange.

Love these! thanks!

hodeez

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 9:30 pm
You are one cool mom 😎

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 9:33 pm
hodeez wrote:
You are one cool mom 😎
I
I’m just too obsessed with HP (and if you happen to have seen the recent quote by the actress, who played Professor sprout, really mad about that too)

I forgot to add, we always put a few of those exploding firework thingies in his mm, so we’re going to do that this year with a little sticker that says exploding snap.

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
I
I’m just too obsessed with HP (and if you happen to have seen the recent quote by the actress, who played Professor sprout, really mad about that too)

I forgot to add, we always put a few of those exploding firework thingies in his mm, so we’re going to do that this year with a little sticker that says exploding snap.

I watched a bunch of reels on Pottergram reacting to her. One said, Miriam love, don't sh*t where you eat 😂
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics