Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My 19 month old drives me nuts!!

RedVines

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 7:11 pm
Besides the fact that from the moment she wakes until sleep she is on the run, into everything, climbs on everything etc. etc. I knew that at 12:30 and 7 pm I had nap time and bed time down, she would go in her crib and stay! Now she is climbing out and even when I put her to sleep and she is very tired she climbs out and falls asleep by the door Crying

I feel so bad! But I want her to stay put, I am not ready to bed train her as I am still waking up with my 3 yr. old who is potty training.

any advice? is it so bad that she climbs out and falls asleep on the floor?
that is what happened today at nap time, she knocked on the door when she was up! Rolling Eyes but last night around 10:00 I picked her up back to her crib!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

lubcoralsprings

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 7:16 pm
I think 19 mos to age 3 is the hardest age. When I had ds home last year I used to have him on a strict routine so that he would take a long nap. Everyday I would take him to the park and let him run around for at least 2 hours. After that I would take him home, feed him lunch, and then put him down for a 2-3 hour nap. It was a great relief when he slept because I could enjoy my lunch, cook dinner, do some house work, or just do whatever I wanted during that time. Is this a possibility for you?

Dini

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 7:22 pm
I don't think it is terrible that he falls a sleep on the floor, eventually he'll learn to just sleep in the crib.

I heard that someone was having a hard time bed training and they were told to take the child every time he comes out of bed and put him back in without saying anything. after two days the child is not interested in coming out anymore.

anon

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 7:39 pm
They have these net/mesh crib covers that "cages" the child in. I don't know what it's called or where it's sold, but I've seen it.

Piper

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 7:57 pm
Seems like it is time for a toddler bed. She might be ready to give up on naps. she will then go to sleep earlier and longer at night.

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 8:42 pm
hey houdini might not need a day nap ... but then again ... she will be way more cranky later in the afternoon ... it might be hard to keep her up ... so not an easy choice ...

RedVines

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 9:51 pm
this is the hardest stage!!

For example, I just out her down to sleep and she cried for a second, climbed out and went to sleep on the floor!! Is this okay? I feel huge guilt!

BH the potty training 3 yr. old is going well, so soon I will start bed training, aaahh did I mention I am 7 months pregnant?

I did look into a crib tent, I just dont feel like it is worth it ($wise, it is 60-70 dollars)

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 10:02 pm
mommyofthree, I'm in a similar boat as you B"H (kids ages 3 and 21 months).
lately my 21 month old cries and cries when put in his crib. he doesn't climb out because my husband put it on a low setting...maybe your crib can be lowered?
also, at this age, you might want to try bribing?? If you stay in your crib, you can have a jelly bean. Some slow music to calm her might help her stay put.
But if not, I think it's okay if she sleeps on the floor. As long as she stays in her room!
good luck!

imaamy

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 10:52 pm
If you are having more babies, the 70 dollars for a crib net should be a good investment! When the new baby arrives you will be less worried about your toddler if she is safe in her crib (unless you are using the crib for the new baby and moving her anyway!)

RedVines

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 9:40 am
thank you for the show of support, ladies. I greatly appreciate it! Some days I feel like I am crazy with all of my children...BH those are fleeting moments, but my youngest really knows how to drive me up a wall. So far, it looks like she is fine sleeping on the floor until I pick her up at around 9. Than my Dh checke around 1 am and she is still in her crib. maybe it isnt so terrible. Her room is pretty empty, of anything unsafe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics