Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Alternative to shower mat?

anon

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 10:27 pm
We have a shower mat to prevent slipping, but it makes the tub disgusting. It collects gook and grime and hairs....EW! We either have to clean the mat and tub very often (which is very hard work) or we have a gross tub.

What do you do? What do you use? Any suggestions for mats which don't get dirty or alternatives to mats? I know some tubs have these strips...do they work? Do they collect dirt?

TIA!

Clarissa

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 10:30 pm
I've never been fond of those rubbery things that get glued to the bottom of the tub. Over time, as they get worn, they don't look so good.

When we use a rubber mat, we remove it as soon as the shower is over, and hang it up. That way it doesn't get all disgusting over time, as it has a chance to dry out right after the shower.

shoy18

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 10:31 pm
http://www.jnkproducts.com/sure-traction.htm

I don't have experience with it but I know people have used it and it worked. Maybe go to loews or home depot and see if they have something like it

nicole81

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 11:19 pm
I have a Target brand bathmat but I don't see it on their website. I don't know how, but it's mildew free and machine washable. so far it's stayed nice and clean in the 3 months I've been using it.

anon

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 10:41 am
Clarissa wrote:
I've never been fond of those rubbery things that get glued to the bottom of the tub. Over time, as they get worn, they don't look so good.

Are you able to remove them and put down new ones when they get old? Or is it permanent?

anon

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 10:42 am
nicole81 wrote:
I have a Target brand bathmat but I don't see it on their website. I don't know how, but it's mildew free and machine washable. so far it's stayed nice and clean in the 3 months I've been using it.

How often do you have to wash it?

anon

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 10:44 am
shoy18 wrote:
http://www.jnkproducts.com/sure-traction.htm

I don't have experience with it but I know people have used it and it worked. Maybe go to loews or home depot and see if they have something like it

definitely worth looking into, thanks!

Btw, off topic, how do you quote a bunch of different posters in the same post?

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 10:45 am
ehh I never have yet. it's stayed completely clean so far.

I've taken it off the bathtub floor maybe three times and just rinsed it off with the shower head.

anon

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 10:58 am
Do you remember the cost and can you describe it so that I'll know it if I see it? Thanks!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:10 am
I wouldn't use the spray - esp. if you rent. Plus if you need to take a bath then it's not smooth. I use a reg. bathmat. It stays pretty clean. YOu can rinse it with the shower head and hang it to dry.

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 10 2007, 11:17 am
ok it's clear vinyl, made by target. the carboard that was wrapped around it was white with blue lettering. it was non slip bathmat, mildew free. dh bought it, but I don't think it was more than $12.99.

also I noticed on targets website they had a different mat that's mold resistant and antibacterial with good reviews if you want to take a look.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars