Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Stay With Me- New Binah serial by L Lazewnik

Chaya123

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 1:42 pm
The mystery is deepening and the suspense is building up!
Which common past trauma do all 3 parties share?
Where is Yosef's father and why won't his mother let go of him?
What terrible past does the one in Israel (forgot his name) have and what awaits him when he returns home to LA?
Why can't Ezra move on and get married and how do his parents not know?

I can't stand the suspense!

One fact we know:
There's something to do with sirens wailing, heat etc

Maybe Ezra killed Yosef's father in error?

What do you think?

imasoftov

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 2:47 am
Chaya123 wrote:
What do you think?

that I just read an ad

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 6:56 am
Can I just say that no elementary school would hire a single never married man as a classroom rebbe in this day and age. I'm only skimming the story so I have no patience for the ongoing angst, but part of that is because it is absolutely so unrealistic that it pulls me out of the story.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 11:19 am
amother wrote:
Can I just say that no elementary school would hire a single never married man as a classroom rebbe in this day and age. I'm only skimming the story so I have no patience for the ongoing angst, but part of that is because it is absolutely so unrealistic that it pulls me out of the story.

I have heard of several unmarried men hired as a Rebbe. One was in his late 30s - he has since gotten married and continues to teach. The second was 22. He was hired as a sub to finish the year for a teacher that had to suddenly leave for an emergency. The sub was hired as a full teacher the next year as well.

Most schools have classroom doors with large glass windows. In addition, they have video cameras recording in each classroom that can be viewed in the principals office.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 11:43 am
It may not be an official policy, but that is definitely the exception rather than the rule. Definitely unlikely in a cheder....

And while of course it was not the author's intention, describing his thought process about wanting to see a psychiatrist to find out what is holding him back from getting married, coupled with his musings about his favorite part of his day being watching kids play on the playground, well in today's day and age... it comes across as either naive or just plain clueless....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room