Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Do I NEED a Kugel Blade?
Previous  1  2

mammale

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 3:37 pm
Why don't you make a small Kugel by hand and see how it goes?

aricelli

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:43 pm
Is there a letter on the kugel blade? If so, which? I see some of my pieces have letters so was wondering which
(Unfortunately, I’m the one eating all the kugel in my house... love it with any blade😞)

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:47 pm
aricelli wrote:
Is there a letter on the kugel blade? If so, which? I see some of my pieces have letters so was wondering which
(Unfortunately, I’m the one eating all the kugel in my house... love it with any blade😞)

e

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:49 pm
agreer wrote:
I've tried it this way. It does not work well.

If you like your potato kugel as is, then you don't need one, OP. If you want that extra delicoius kugel, then yes. Invest in it.

Ah, but my family thinks that my kugel is extra-delicious as is. They might not enjoy it as much if it were grated more finely.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:51 pm
rgr wrote:
I hate mine too.

All the safety features make it so impractical. I have to cut all the potatoes in quarters or smaller for it to fit through the chute

I like safety features, as I enjoy having 10 fingers and am, in a word, a klutz.

My Cuisinart had too many pieces to deal with. My Hamilton Beach is easy and compact. and easy to clean, so I don't mind using it even if I'm just chopping a few onions.

dankbar

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 5:13 am
My immediate reaction would be you don't "need" you may want!

Teomima

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 8:08 am
Just out of curiosity, since I've never before heard of nor seen a "kugel blade", could you get the same result by using the regular shredding blade then pulsing half of that with the s-blade? Because I tend to finely chop (with the s-blade) my onion and a bit of the potato, then empty that to a mixing bowl, before shredding the rest of the potatoes with a regular shredding blade (the coarser of the two grates usually available), and I think my kugel comes out perfectly. I wonder if it's the bit of finely chopped potato that makes the difference.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 8:18 am
I use the shredder attachment on my Bosch MUM5. It comes with a shredder disc with a coarser and finer side. The remaining larger pieces go with the onions and eggs in the blender attachment. I mix it in a large mixing bowl with my bare hands. It’s the extra eggs, onions potato starch and a little sugar that makes it creamy. Also cooking it on low for long.

Wife1

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:10 am
I have a Hamilton beach food processor for pesach it's good but it's really small a 5lb bag of potatoes don't fit...

Mothers

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 11:23 am
I spent the money for the fine shredder blade for my 14 cup Cuisinart, and I love it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars