Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
9 month old just doesn't like formula

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 5:35 pm
I've been having trouble for months getting my baby to take his bottle. He just never liked it and it's gotten to the point that he's drinking maybe 10-14 ounces a day (at most). I am feeding him solids (though not a lot since he's not a great eater) but he definitely likes solids more. I keep reading that until a year the baby's main nutrition is from formula/breastmilk. What should I do? I can't keep fighting him but I'm worried about his nutrition.

His weight is average.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 5:37 pm
Is the nipple too fast or too slow? Either one would be frustrating for him. If you try a few nipples and he doesn't like any, you can try putting formula in a sippy cup.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 5:40 pm
They also make some flavored toddler formulas, like vanilla flavor. You can ask your pediatrician if it would be ok to switch over to that.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 5:43 pm
amother wrote:
Is the nipple too fast or too slow? Either one would be frustrating for him. If you try a few nipples and he doesn't like any, you can try putting formula in a sippy cup.

No, the nipple is for 2+ month. He couldn’t handle the next one. Any slower is newborn slow. I tried the sippy cup but it’s not working well either. If I leave it up to him to feed himself he’d drink half of what he does now.

Ellie7

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 5:46 pm
Ask your pediatrician. My baby much prefers solids to bottles, but the doctor said so long as his diapers are ok not to force it.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 5:51 pm
Ellie7 wrote:
Ask your pediatrician. My baby much prefers solids to bottles, but the doctor said so long as his diapers are ok not to force it.

How much does your baby drink each day?

oneofakind

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:54 pm
Some formulas taste nasty. Maybe switch to a different kind.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:58 pm
We transition to milk at 9 months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics