Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What type of shoes will be in fashion this summer
Previous  1  2

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 12:23 am
amother wrote:
I'm sticking with ballet flats. They work for me and suit my "look." But I have a lot of chic friends, and I've noticed that the more stylish ones aren't wearing them anymore. I see a lot of loafer- type shoes for spring -- something like this, and especially in colors like dusty rose.

https://res.cloudinary.com/eve.....2.jpg

I could lose my mind trying to keep up with this. I always liked loafers and was upset when it was basically impossible to find any because everything was ballet flats. Now I finally got used to ballet flats and actually started to like them and now they're going back to loafers At wits end

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 12:30 am
There really should be something more specific in these posts.
What’s in style in Boro Park is not necessarily in style in Crown Heights.

I am Chabad and some of these what’s in style posts leave me totally confused. Like Pre tied tichels and snoods were never in in my neck of the woods, and probably never will be. It’s tichels, and beanies. That’s it.

Similarly with shoes, for summer. It’s a lot of slides, mules, etc.. sneakers are also a popular look. But need to be done right.

If you have Instagram there are a lot of popular tznius fashion bloggers. But ultimately what the popular fashionable stores in your area are selling. Is probably what’s in style for your crowd.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 3:49 am
NovelConcept wrote:
I was actually just making a joke. Lighten up.

I thought it was funny.
C'mon ladies. It's almost Purim. Clown

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 3:57 am
Sandals for me. Very Happy

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 1:59 pm
Most of the Instagram bloggers wear 4 inch heels. I just can't relate to that.

I'm seeing a lot of very cute loafers and oxfords around here. "Menswear inspired" shoes are going to be big this summer. Look for them in unusual colors and fun mixes. I'm seeing them with holographic or metallic patent leather, or a mix of navy blue and tan, black and silver, very cute stuff.

When I'm on the bus and I'm bored, I look to see what the Chassidish teen girls wear with their school uniforms. Shoes are one of the rare places that they have leeway with the dress code, so they put a lot of thought into what trends they want to project.

pause

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 2:01 pm
amother wrote:
I could lose my mind trying to keep up with this. I always liked loafers and was upset when it was basically impossible to find any because everything was ballet flats. Now I finally got used to ballet flats and actually started to like them and now they're going back to loafers At wits end

Hate to break it to you, but loafers are "in" for a good two-three years already.

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 3:39 pm
In children store for summer they are selling closed metallic/patent shoes with huge Velcro overlap with white rubber soles.
Shabbos girls there are tons of loafers.

turca

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 4:46 pm
Isn’t the Oxford style too “heavy” for the summer?
Even in light colors... I also find some loafers not summery at all.
Maybe because I’m not American, so I don’t understand.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 4:48 pm
turca wrote:
Isn’t the Oxford style too “heavy” for the summer?
Even in light colors... I also find some loafers not summery at all.
Maybe because I’m not American, so I don’t understand.

These Oxfords are a lighter version of the ones you're used to. They are much more feminine and lightweight. I wish I could find some pictures for you. I'll post them if I do.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics