Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are snoods back in style, or are pre-tieds still "in?
Previous  1  2  3

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 5:11 pm
Look upthread for a link

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 5:14 pm
octopus wrote:
The chenille snoods have been around a long time. I wear them but can't stand them. It looks like a bathing cap. So unflattering.

Also chenille can cause a problem if you wear them on way to mikveh as the tiny fibers many times come out onto the hair.

kenz

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 5:32 pm
amother wrote:
Also chenille can cause a problem if you wear them on way to mikveh as the tiny fibers many times come out onto the hair.

Not the new chenilles, that problem was rectified. With the originals years ago that was a big problem but those were longer than what they sell now too.

ccwife

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 5:38 pm
I'm confused. I wear chenielles but thought (based on what my with it friends in Lakewood said) that those are now out and now whats in are the long Israeli looking ones. But here everyone is saying that chenielles are the in thing. Were they playing with me?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 5:40 pm
Aren't chenile snoods hot? Do people wear it in warmer weather or only in the winter?

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 19 2019, 5:42 pm
Can you post pic? I have no idea what's in. Just know what the stores here are selling. Would be so excited if there was something new and hopefully pretty.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 4:43 pm
ccwife wrote:
I'm confused. I wear chenielles but thought (based on what my with it friends in Lakewood said) that those are now out and now whats in are the long Israeli looking ones. But here everyone is saying that chenielles are the in thing. Were they playing with me?

I live in Lakewood. Officially the long Israeli ones are in. I've only seen a handful of people wearing. I doubt it will take off. Everyone's wearing chenille ones. They have some cool metallic ones also

sra

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 6:02 pm
I find chenille snoods to be very comfortable.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:
I live in Lakewood. Officially the long Israeli ones are in. I've only seen a handful of people wearing. I doubt it will take off. Everyone's wearing chenille ones. They have some cool metallic ones also

Would love to see a picture of the long Israeli ones. I have no clue how they look. So curious.

myname1

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 6:05 am
amother wrote:
Would love to see a picture of the long Israeli ones. I have no clue how they look. So curious.

I'm also curious. Here people wear whatever they feel like I think, but I'd love another option. Is it just a square Israeli tichel tied a certain way?

mochamix18

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 7:47 am
myname1 wrote:
I'm also curious. Here people wear whatever they feel like I think, but I'd love another option. Is it just a square Israeli tichel tied a certain way?

If it’s what is currently being worn in Israel among Litvish chareidim it’s simply a large square folded into a triangle and tied kerchief style. It does work best with a velvet headband or small cap underneath. It actually is very flattering and easy to do. I do find snoods, scarves always look more flattering with earings and a touch of makeup....even if you’re just “shluching” around. Just my opinion

M0mmy

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:27 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
https://www.themimiboutique.com/ has lots of tichels and snoods. I like the pretied tichels with the inside velvet band, since they stay on so well!

I also really like the pretied tichels she sells with the velvet. No need for a wig grip underneath, you can still tie the long tails to customize how tight it is, but the bottom is elasticized to keep the back from lifting up/showing hair, etc. They're so lightweight (awesome for summer!). And I think that my (admittedly, rounder) face looks better in them, since they're not poofy at all. (All that being said, I often just default to my chenille snoods - which I have much more trouble with becoming stretched out - so they need more frequent replacing.)

My hardest part is finding styles I'm comfortable wearing. I think many look beautiful on other women, but I'm not very adventurous (in terms of designs), and I think I look best in dark colors. I have a nice one that is a dark(ish) gray, and the front is plain, so I don't recoil when I see my reflection, but the back has a bit of a design, which adds to its prettiness and doesn't bother me Smile The possibilities, in terms of designs/styles, are much more infinite, so you don't feel like everyone is wearing the same thing (for example, when the turquoise or teal/gray chenille snoods came to our community, and it seemed everyone was wearing them). Also, Mimi (the owner) told me she could adapt any tichel to be pre-tied with the velvet, so really you can purchase any you find and have her do that for you, but I am not sure if she does that kind of thing for out-of-town purchases.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 2:42 am
I wear the chenille and like it a lot.

Just wondering, chenilles look winter'y. Is it also worn in the summer? or they have other fabrics?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 6:53 am
amother wrote:

How can something officially be in if no one is wearing it?
Anyway, wear what looks good on you, not what someone else tells you is in style.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics