Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Please share your best recipes
1  2  Next

gs675

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 5:25 am
Hi there, I'm looking for a Shnitsel recipe and any other pesach recipes that taste good.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:49 am
You can coat with just eggs & spices, with eggs & potato starch, with eggs & ground nuts. You can put in a little lemon juice & sugar to take away bitterness from nuts.
With coconut, with almond flour. Add in to any of these whatever spicing you like & use. Then fry.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 6:51 am
You can also bread with matzo meal for gebrokts if you use all pesach or only on acharon shel pesach if you don't use all pesach

hello 1

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 7:32 am
Following

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 8:27 am
One of the mag’s had a recipe one year for lots of sauteed onion rings on a cookie sheet, chicken cutlets breaded with potato starch and egg on top of onions - topped with another layer sauteed onion rings. Bake. I dont have the exact recipe but it was good.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 8:30 am
I’ve had it with potato starch, potato chips and some ground nuts.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 8:50 am
Specifically schnitzel? Or any chicken cutlet dish?

gs675

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 9:15 am
Any dish, side dish welcome

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:14 am
Toast ground almonds in a pan with just a bit of olive oil for 2 minutes together with salt (and other seasonings as desired).
Use as pesach crumbs for shnitzel.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:25 am
We really like it fried in potato starch instead of the regular matzo meal/bread crumbs. We actually prefer it.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:31 am
I make Hawaiian chicken every year and it's a huge hit. (I hate the taste of matzah, so I stay farrrrrr away from matzah meal or crumbs or anything related)
Dredge chicken nuggets in potato starch and fry till outsides are white. Put chicken in pan with cut up red peppers, pineapple, and carrots.
Boil equal parts red wine vinegar, brown sugar, and ketchup. Pour over chicken and veggies, mix, cover, and bake on 350.

jade

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:19 am
Instead of potato starch, use instant mashed potato flakes to coat your shnitzel; it gives a crunchier texture.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:25 am
dankbar wrote:
You can also bread with matzo meal for gebrokts if you use all pesach or only on acharon shel pesach if you don't use all pesach

Not this year. Last day is Shabbos. Same as last year. Missing out on matzo balls again. Sad

My mother used to make shnitzel using smashed potato chips for coating. If you use processed stuff, it's very tasty.

chicco

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:26 am
I shred potatoes and make a latka batter and coat the chicken breasts in that before frying. It gets requested throughout the year as well.

aricelli

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:26 am
amother wrote:
I make Hawaiian chicken every year and it's a huge hit. (I hate the taste of matzah, so I stay farrrrrr away from matzah meal or crumbs or anything related)
Dredge chicken nuggets in potato starch and fry till outsides are white. Put chicken in pan with cut up red peppers, pineapple, and carrots.
Boil equal parts red wine vinegar, brown sugar, and ketchup. Pour over chicken and veggies, mix, cover, and bake on 350.

Did you ever try freezing this?

Metukah

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:35 am
chicco wrote:
I shred potatoes and make a latka batter and coat the chicken breasts in that before frying. It gets requested throughout the year as well.

This looks amazing, what is in the batter and how do you get it to stick to the chicken?

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:37 am
When it's shabbos there are different halachas of how you can prepare the matzo balls in advance during pesach even if you don't do gebrikts in pesach. You just don't use that pot after that on pesach.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
Not this year. Last day is Shabbos. Same as last year. Missing out on matzo balls again. Sad

My mother used to make shnitzel using smashed potato chips for coating. If you use processed stuff, it's very tasty.

Why can't you cook it before yt? That's what we do regardless of whether the last day is shabbos or not.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:43 am
Metukah wrote:
This looks amazing, what is in the batter and how do you get it to stick to the chicken?

I did that once it was amazing. Regular potato kugel recipe that you would use also for potato latkes coats the cutlet & gets fried, so it gets crispy all around. Yum. I think it was in a magazine last year.

Or you grate the potatoes with the blade with larger holes. You dip in egg/spices first & then in potato strings & fry

Last edited by dankbar on Sun, Mar 24 2019, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 12:05 pm
amother wrote:
Why can't you cook it before yt? That's what we do regardless of whether the last day is shabbos or not.

Oh, I guess people do. But I asked and was told no.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics