Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaitel Catching on Button

jsb

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 10:24 pm
I have many shirts for this season that have a button at the back of my neck (not sure if I’m describing that well.) My shaitel always gets caught on the button and I end up pulling out hair when I have to detangle it. Anyone else have this issue? Any solutions to prevent it from getting caught?

Chickpea

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 10:32 pm
There's probably no real way of avoiding hair from getting caught in the button, Imvho. Why don't you remove the button, and sew in a snap to keep the neckline closed.

mrs me

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:13 am
Chickpea wrote:
There's probably no real way of avoiding hair from getting caught in the button, Imvho. Why don't you remove the button, and sew in a snap to keep the neckline closed.

That's so smart! I had a shirt like that and it was driving me crazy- I finally just cut the button and let it stay open (wore a shell underneath anyways for sleeves)
Never thought to put a snap in its place!

Chickpea

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:06 am
mrs me wrote:
That's so smart! I had a shirt like that and it was driving me crazy- I finally just cut the button and let it stay open (wore a shell underneath anyways for sleeves)
Never thought to put a snap in its place!

Thank you!

jsb

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:07 am
Okay thanks for that idea. I’ll have to get around to doing that (although my husband said he could Smile )

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 10:09 am
Doesn't happen all the time but enough that I doubt you're a troll Wink

Wait. Your husband sews snaps?? Kol hakavod Smile

jsb

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:41 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Doesn't happen all the time but enough that I doubt you're a troll Wink

Wait. Your husband sews snaps?? Kol hakavod Smile

It doesn’t happen all the time when you’re wearing a shirt with a button on the back? Or you don’t wear shirts like that all the time? If it’s the first, what’s your secret?

Yes my husband BH is very talented and helpful. he sews, cooks and bakes, is very artistic... plus handy and very creative etc. He’s also the main cleaner in the house Very Happy I thank Hashem every day! He basically makes shabbos every week (he’s home on Fridays and I work full time...)

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 2:34 pm
jsb wrote:
It doesn’t happen all the time when you’re wearing a shirt with a button on the back? Or you don’t wear shirts like that all the time? If it’s the first, what’s your secret?

Yes my husband BH is very talented and helpful. he sews, cooks and bakes, is very artistic... plus handy and very creative etc. He’s also the main cleaner in the house Very Happy I thank Hashem every day! He basically makes shabbos every week (he’s home on Fridays and I work full time...)

I put on my shirt (OK Basic shell with buttons) then put on my sheitel. So it doesn't always happen.

jsb

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 3:06 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I put on my shirt (OK Basic shell with buttons) then put on my sheitel. So it doesn't always happen.

Right you put on your shirt before your shaitel but then once your wearing both doesn’t it get caught? Unless your shaitel is very short...

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 3:17 pm
jsb wrote:
Right you put on your shirt before your shaitel but then once your wearing both doesn’t it get caught? Unless your shaitel is very short...

One's long enough to get caught but not often.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels