Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hair Removal for 8 Year Old

cat3

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 10:56 pm
8 year old DD is asking to remove hair on her arms. Her hair is pretty dark and I totally understand where she is coming from. She knows that hair removal is possible from older sister. But I feel like 8 is so young. Would you allow her to do this?

Also, what type of hair removal would you recommend? I've never done this myself.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 10:58 pm
Explain to her that she's way way to young for that and everyone has hair on their arms. Tell her when she's older, she'll be able to have it removed.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 11:04 pm
I wouldn't have an issue with it. We'd talk about it for a bit - just to make sure this was something that she was really bothered by.

I used to use a cream hair remover for my arms (like Nair). It is a chemical - so if you have apprehensions about chemicals on your daughter - then don't do it.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 11:57 pm
How badly does she want it? My 7 yo knows that I wax my arms and I can see her asking to do it too at age 8 but not really desperately wanting to. I wouldn't let her if that was the case, I would tell her that it's something she could start when she's a little older. However, if she has always felt very self conscious or kids make fun of her I think it's something you can talk about and get an idea of how much it means to her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics