Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Did you lose pregnancy weight?
Previous  1  2

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 12:08 pm
Wow! Am I the only one who didn’t bounce back 3 weeks later?

Got married at 115 (my lowest weight, I had never watched my weight or worried about it until this point.)

Got pregnant 120

Gave birth 167(!) figures my weight will roll off of me being that it’s my first child.

Nursed for 6 months and could barely lose past 140

After year got to 129 but even so my body was very different. My hips had become so wide to accommodate my baby... ect

Now I’m over 2 years later at 139. I’m blaming it on hormones. I look good but I really have to watch and exercise.

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 12:23 pm
I started off pregnancy at 114, my lowest weight ever. I gained like 40 pounds which shocked me. I lost a lot of it within the first 6ish weeks because I didn’t have an appetite, but as I started eating normally again I gained some back and hovered around 125. Eventually I put some effort into losing more and at 8 months postpartum I think I was 5 pounds away from my prepregnancy weight. But those last pounds are sticking.

Turquoise

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:16 pm
This thread is depressing me am in the on the only one that didn't just bounce back ?
I have not been able to lose the weight after my last one and he's two and I'm not talking about 10 pounds a lot more:(SadSad

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:22 pm
Turquoise wrote:
This thread is depressing me am in the on the only one that didn't just bounce back ?
I have not been able to lose the weight after my last one and he's two and I'm not talking about 10 pounds a lot more:(SadSad

No I just think the thread is drawing more responses from ppl who lost weight easily.

I started out at 125 before kids but put on 5 permanent pounds per baby. I have 9 kids, do the math. But BH I recently started a low carb diet and lost 20+ pounds so far.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 1:28 pm
Turquoise wrote:

I'm with you, dear.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 3:13 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Did you severely restrict your food?

No way I was too hungry for that!
I bh don't get nauseous.
Im not health conscious. I always workout- even when not pregnant, so I just kept it up (ab exercises get tough toward my 3rd trimester!)
Baby was an 8 pounder! So I lost a bunch on the table.
I had copper IUD between pregnancies, so no hormones.
I got rail thin while nursing, so that was cool.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 3:21 pm
It wasn't easy for me at all. I have to work very hard to lose weight.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 3:22 pm
I'm very overweight and have HG pregnancies and I joke that pregnancy is the best diet for me because I lose the weight effortlessly and can't cheat. I always walk out of the hospital skinnier than I started each pregnancy. Then I start gaining all the weight back plus since my body moves out of starvation mode and I'm hungry all the time from nursing and from not eating properly for months already. Right now I'm still partially nursing my 15 month old and I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. When I'm done nursing I think I'm going to have to make a concerted effort to lose a ton of weight because I'm really unhealthy at the moment and have a lot of emotional issues tied in with food that I will have to deal with for a diet to stick.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 3:51 pm
Ok all ye slim and lovely Mamas!

I am 5'6 tall. I typically weigh 150 lbs, (though I did get married at 180!)

I am six months into my sixth pregnancy, and I weigh 190 lbs, which means that so far, I've gained over 40 lbs.

I have been very exhausted and weak this time around. I do not eat well. I do not exercise at all.

I know, I know. Buy now, pay later...

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:42 pm
I'm with all of u who have extra baggage after multiple pregnancies. I never lose weight while nursing. I gain about 25-30 lbs during pregnancy and the first fifteen I lose during week number 1 and the rest stays until I stop nursing and work hard to lose it. Nothing just falls off:( butmy kids r well worth the extra baggage I carry around:)

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:55 pm
So weirdly, despite eating junk most of my pregnancy, I literally didn't gain a pound.
Started off 245 and the day I went into labor was the same weight. The day after my daughter was born I weighed myself in the hospital and was again the same weight, quite disappointing. Took a few weeks but in the end I lost around 8lb only ( she was 7.2, so somehow just 0.8 of water and placenta)
Then nursing made me ravenous and I needed to supplement so I didn't lose and it slowly started to creep up again.
She's now two months old and I weigh 249lb, I was really hoping to keep some of the weight off.
But really, after years of dieting, I really believe that the change of hormones during pregnancy made my metabolism different, it wasn't about calories or exercise or diet

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:13 pm
Got pregnant at 220. Was 245 when I went into the hospital. Left the hospital weighing 212. Got down to 196 but that was for a hot minute. Gotta get back down there!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise