Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Engagement Rings! All info and advice appreciated!
Previous  1  2

urban gypsy

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 2:04 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
You can get a good price buying a ring someone else is selling. Take it and have it appraised. A friend of mine was going through a divorce and was going to sell her ring to a jeweler for peanuts. I told her not to. I said I will pay you what he is offering plus $500. She went back and he upped it $500. She wouldn't take anymore from me. I was trying to convince her to sell it on the exchange.

The bottom line is I got a 2 carrot D color diamond with a big chunk of gold for $2500.

WOW a crazy story! Jetblack you did good here, for your friend and for yourself!!!!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 2:45 pm
Consider other stones. Sapphires, beryls, spinels and tanzanites all can be worth as much as a diamond, and there are prettier color options.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 3:37 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
You can get a good price buying a ring someone else is selling. Take it and have it appraised. A friend of mine was going through a divorce and was going to sell her ring to a jeweler for peanuts. I told her not to. I said I will pay you what he is offering plus $500. She went back and he upped it $500. She wouldn't take anymore from me. I was trying to convince her to sell it on the exchange.

The bottom line is I got a 2 carrot D color diamond with a big chunk of gold for $2500.

Wow! What a great deal! My 1.8 diamond was almost 10k the setting was another $2k. I wanted to change the setting and was told I’d get a measly $300.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics