Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Is a doona worth it
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:06 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Everyone has to conduct their own cost-benefit analysis. For us, the regular snap n go is better because:

We still have the frame, so all we need is a new car seat. That's at least $350 in savings.

We want the storage basket.

I like the option of bringing the car seat all the way upstairs with a newborn, which I wouldn't do with the Doona because of its wheels - which are dirty from being rolled outside.

Doona was very heavy, and I have bigger babies. I would need to carry it up and down my front steps each day... ouch.

No front parent console (unless you pay another $80).

So we chose the Graco and snap n go.

But for other people who don't have my concerns I can see how the Doona would be convenient!

You have listed all the reasons why we used the snap n' go.

I can also see why people would like the Doona... but still cant see why its better than the graco.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:06 am
Amother dodgerblue, bugaboo fox is $1250.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:12 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
1300$+? How many ppl do you know have the solvercross or mima?

The bugaboo fox is very popular and is under 1000. So is the uppababy vista (around 600) Not cheap but don’t exaggerate. Ppl are also getting the cameleon for cheaper because the fox came out.

When I had my baby uppa baby vista was way more then that - for just the single. It’s not $600.
All the prices of carriages have gone up insane.
The umbrella strollers for the car are $200-300 on top of $1000 walking carriage and $500 doona.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:12 am
The one good thing about it is that when shopping in small Brooklyn boutiques the Doona doesn't take up much room.

watergirl

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:18 am
southernbubby wrote:
The one good thing about it is that when shopping in small Brooklyn boutiques the Doona doesn't take up much room.

Its larger than the carseat/snap n go. Esp because there is no basket under.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:34 am
watergirl wrote:

I can also see why people would like the Doona... but still cant see why its better than the graco.

If I didn't have 7 steep front steps, I can see how easy and convenient it would be!

cnc

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 7:23 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
1300$+? How many ppl do you know have the solvercross or mima?

The bugaboo fox is very popular and is under 1000. So is the uppababy vista (around 600) Not cheap but don’t exaggerate. Ppl are also getting the cameleon for cheaper because the fox came out.

The Fox is over 1200.
And every single one of my married nieces has one of the carriages that I mentioned and so do all of their friends. At this point the Mina, Silver Cross and
Fox are all in the same range.

I paid $700 for my Uppa Baby over 10 years ago and the price has only increased so I don’t know how it would be $600 now.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 7:44 am
I live in lakewood and I can definitely say that in a LOT of young neighborhoods (Coventry, prime apts, south lake dr etc.) Almost every single couple owns a doona and a bugaboo (or similar) and yes a lot of them have wealthy parents. But the ones who dont still own them . They figure it out somehow cuz its important to them...

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 7:49 am
watergirl wrote:
I would be interested to know what these kids do once their baby is too big for the doona. They will need another stroller. Who will buy it then, and what will they buy? Is it first buy the doona and THEN the buggabo?

The doona is my only carriage right now. Looking to buy the yoyo when my baby grows out of the doona

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 7:54 am
cnc wrote:
Whoever I know that purchased a Doona, it was IN ADDITION to a Bugaboo, Silver Cross, Mima and so on....not INSTEAD OF!

I don't know anyone that uses the Doona as their primary or only carriage...

The doona is my only stroller (im in and out of the car all the time and dont walk around much) and Im planning on getting the Yoyo for $499 when he grows out of it

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:08 am
cnc wrote:
The Fox is over 1200.
And every single one of my married nieces has one of the carriages that I mentioned and so do all of their friends. At this point the Mina, Silver Cross and
Fox are all in the same range.

I paid $700 for my Uppa Baby over 10 years ago and the price has only increased so I don’t know how it would be $600 now.

Most ppl I know don’t pay the full price I got mine on amazon 15% off completion discount off of 1150.

I know very few ppl with the mima and silver cross.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:21 am
watergirl wrote:

There’s also another option. Get a car seat adapter for your regular stroller and use it when you’re in and out of the car. Uppababy, Bugaboo, Baby Jogger, etc all make them. The stroller frames are easier to fold anyway without the regular seat on and you don’t buy anything you don’t need anyway except a $30 adapter.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:25 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
The doona is my only carriage right now. Looking to buy the yoyo when my baby grows out of the doona

I don't recommend the yoyo at all. Cool design but so rickety and hard to maneuver over bumps.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:28 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I don't recommend the yoyo at all. Cool design but so rickety and hard to maneuver over bumps.

Im in and out of the car all the time. What would you recommend as a carriage that doesnt take up too much space in the car and is easy to fold?

GreenEyes26

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:33 am
I LOVED mine and thought it was totally worth it - it was gifted to me but I save up the $$ if I needed to.

I find it so strange and hilarious that I see women all over BP/Williamsburg with the Doona - they don’t drive!! Just why!?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:34 am
Im in and out of the car all the time. What would you recommend as a carriage that doesnt take up too much space in the car and is easy to fold?

The mountain biggy nano is also small but a bit more sturdy

nchr

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 8:49 am
GreenEyes26 wrote:
I LOVED mine and thought it was totally worth it - it was gifted to me but I save up the $$ if I needed to.

I find it so strange and hilarious that I see women all over BP/Williamsburg with the Doona - they don’t drive!! Just why!?

Uber? And I guess they and their babies are generally small, so... it was the worst stroller I ever purchased and I gave it away to a cousin in Williamsburg who likes it but it is beyond me..

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:31 am

Where do you put your baby when he/she is up?
If your taking a walk Shabbos afternoon? Yom Tov? At a simcha?
The doona should not be a carriage
It is a car seat! I don’t get it!!

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:51 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Where do you put your baby when he/she is up?
If your taking a walk Shabbos afternoon? Yom Tov? At a simcha?
The doona should not be a carriage
It is a car seat! I don’t get it!!

My baby is old enough to entertain himself and play so its left in the car unless we have to walk on shabbos/yt or at a simcha - which isnt so often - then hes in the doona.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:00 am
I live in Lakewood and have petite babies so the Doona was heaven sent. My baby only outgrew at like 15 months, and I don’t walk much with the stroller, so the Doona was my only stroller til about age 9 months, when I bought the uppa baby minu which I highly recommend instead of the yoyo. Folds into a near square, and way smoother ride and sturdier. If you live in and out of your car, the Doona is a luxury, but in my opinion worth every penny
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics