Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are botox and fillers actually becoming more commonplace?
1  2  Next

LittleMissMama

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:01 am
Or is it just in the vain frum Instagram world? I'll refrain from naming names. Wink

These are already beautiful women who have yet to reach 35 and they want to banish every laugh line. It makes me sad because there are all these teens who follow their every move . And who now think this is a harmless thing they should one day add to their beauty regime.

Are botox and fillers really gaining popularity irl?

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:06 am
my fifty year old sister has one line in her forehead and gets botox for it

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:17 am
It's one thing for a 45 plus yr old woman who has aged harsher than her peers to try it but a 30 yr old?? And these procedures costs hundreds of dollars, are temporary, and have risks (albeit minimal)

tigerwife

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:17 am
I don’t know if it’s more common than before, but it is certainly more spoken about than before. People used to keep these things secret, now social culture is obsessed with spilling everything about your life to strangers, from mental health struggles to Botox.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:39 am
tigerwife wrote:
I don’t know if it’s more common than before, but it is certainly more spoken about than before. People used to keep these things secret, now social culture is obsessed with spilling everything about your life to strangers, from mental health struggles to Botox.

Are you opposed to people discussing their mental health struggles?

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:41 am
I’m finding it’s gwtting very common in 35 crowd. I’m 37 - I’m starting to get tons of wrinkles and creases around my eyes and its really starting to scare me. While I wouldn’t do Botox I can understand those that do.
I just wonder if it will get to the ooont where those that don’t will stick out.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 10:46 am
I feel it’s become more common but in a disgusting way, why does someone have the right to come tell me your forehead crease can be taken care of I have a great doctor that can fill it you can look so much better. And way more people are looking fake.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 11:30 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Are you opposed to people discussing their mental health struggles?

Not at all. I don’t even care if everyone gets plastic surgery either, and post the whole process on their stories (nobody is forced to watch). I do think that these things have always existed and are just not private anymore.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 11:51 am
Disclaimer im 28 and married 6 years.
I think the 35 ish year old crowd is so sad and pathetic. I hope to get more mature and confident with age. I hope not to have to continue to prove myself to my peers and still trying to look and act like the 19-25 y.o crowd. I obviously live in town and I observe these moms with young teens (13,14 y.o girls) shopping with them etc and the mom is wearing chanel shoes, lv bag, longgg wig very hilighted and yapping on top of their lungs about the vacations and destination yomim tovim. Just sad.
And yes the botox 👍

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 11:56 am
They are definitely becoming more common in the secular Instagram influencer and D list celebrity world. So it’s not shocking that some frum Instagramers are doing it. That said, I think it tends to look awful and plastic. I’m in my early 30s and don’t see it in my circles.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 12:19 pm
I think saying it looks plasticy and fake just makes those not doing it feel better. .

There is a ton that can be done that is so slight it just makes you look like you have amazing genes. But the trick is to use restraint.

It’s just no one wants to look old.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 1:57 pm
I recently did Botox and cheek fillers, as a 33 year birthday present to myself.

I love how I look 5 years younger

Didn’t tell any of my friends, and I don’t have Instagram.

I think it is more common and public these days for many reasons.

But it’s unfair to shame the women that choose to make themselves feel happier about their looks.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 2:08 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
They are definitely becoming more common in the secular Instagram influencer and D list celebrity world. So it’s not shocking that some frum Instagramers are doing it. That said, I think it tends to look awful and plastic. I’m in my early 30s and don’t see it in my circles.

That's because you Can't tell when somebody gets it done. The plastic look you are talking about is usually people who got plastic surgery on their face. The place I go to for botox doesn't over do it and uses the minimum amount.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Disclaimer im 28 and married 6 years.
I think the 35 ish year old crowd is so sad and pathetic. I hope to get more mature and confident with age. I hope not to have to continue to prove myself to my peers and still trying to look and act like the 19-25 y.o crowd. I obviously live in town and I observe these moms with young teens (13,14 y.o girls) shopping with them etc and the mom is wearing chanel shoes, lv bag, longgg wig very hilighted and yapping on top of their lungs about the vacations and destination yomim tovim. Just sad.
And yes the botox 👍

I agree about longgg shaitels on women over 45-50 years old, doesn't look right anymore...but why cant a woman (any age) wear highlights in her shaitel, and nice shoes and bags? Those things do not belong to an exclusive 20 year old club...(in fact, I think the older the woman, the more highlighted her shaitel should be, because color dimension just looks great against mature skin! And older women have more money to spend on designer shoes and bags if they choose to)

LittleMissMama

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 5:10 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I agree about longgg shaitels on women over 45-50 years old, doesn't look right anymore...but why cant a woman (any age) wear highlights in her shaitel, and nice shoes and bags? Those things do not belong to an exclusive 20 year old club...(in fact, I think the older the woman, the more highlighted her shaitel should be, because color dimension just looks great against mature skin! And older women have more money to spend on designer shoes and bags if they choose to)

As a 43 yr old, I agree 100%! I don't shop in Forever21 but I don't shop in Talbots either, kwim?

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 5:26 pm
LittleMissMama wrote:
As a 43 yr old, I agree 100%! I don't shop in Forever21 but I don't shop in Talbots either, kwim?

Exactly! More polished, sophisticated trends look right straight through your sixties...in the seventies and eighties, and beyond, the more dignified, the more attractive, that's the guidelines I always thought of...I knowna group of regal, stylish, classy, absolutely gorgeous older women in my shul, and with their money and good taste, they look more put together and more beautiful than most young women I know!

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Feb 14 2020, 5:49 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
That's because you Can't tell when somebody gets it done. The plastic look you are talking about is usually people who got plastic surgery on their face. The place I go to for botox doesn't over do it and uses the minimum amount.

Fillers and botox are noticeable too. It gives a look.

just me!!

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 2:09 pm
I know s1 who did botox and looks awfull!!
Shame, she just ruined her face- and she has to keep on doing it cos otherwise will look even worse.
She looks fake, bloated and deformed

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 7:20 pm
Lol. They get it for free in order to make you feel like you need it- aka ‘influencers’. My 26 year old friend just got some.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Feb 15 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

I have absolutely no issue with nice bags and shoes IF you can afford it, that is. What I do have an issue with is still having to keep up and prove yourself. Its the logos and streaks in the wigs thats are still screaming "look at me" hilights and designer bags are ok till they become something that you NEED to fit into a certain elite society of (insecure) women.

I wonder if some of these people had to move to Iowa for business and deleted their social medias how much of the look woukd they keep up woth? How much if it are the actually "doing for themselves" and how much of it is for the ooohhs and aahhhs of their peers?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics