Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
My daughter in quarantine has a terrible toothache.....
Previous  1  2

momomany

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:37 pm
Where r u located

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
.....and I can't find a dentist. My regular dentist prescribed antibiotics so it shouldn't get infected, but he pain is really bad. She's 5 years old. How long can I give her Tylenol. Who knows how long we'll be in quarantine???

A toothache can hurt for about three days after starting antibiotics. Do you see an abscess? Can she gargle with salt water?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:49 pm
I'm not in the tri-state. I hope you're right about it hurting for only 3 days once on antibiotics. I thought that the antibiotics helped to prevent infection, but not necessarily for the pain.

Can anyone tell me the quarantine rules?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:28 am
There is a 24 hour department of health coronavirus hotline 1-888-364-3065. They should be able to answer your questions regarding quarantine.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Breaking quarantine is one thing, but go find a dentist who will treat a kid who's been exposed to covid.

She's on antibiotics, so I'm not straps of an infraction going septic, but I really need her to be seen, and I'd like to make an appointment somewhere for the day we're done quarantine.

Can I assume that two weeks after my son started symptoms that if we didn't come down with anything yet, we're okay to go out? (With social distancing of course).

This. Around here (Israel) all dentists were ordered to close up shop. I have relatives in the tri-State are who work in dental offices and they were all sent home.

They are not even allowed to treat emergencies, AFAIK.

I don't have any idea what their patients are supposed to do.

ora_43

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:17 am
The dentist office here (Israel) is closed but still available to deal with emergencies.

Don't take her to the ER without calling first. She should be able to get emergency care (there, if not at the dentist) but they need to know that she's been exposed so they can protect themselves.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 6:18 am
In Israel, Maccabi dentists will still take emergencies. Dial 6300 for information.

Use a hot compress on the outside of her face. It will soothe the nerves.

Yesterday I was sure I was getting a toothache, because it felt like my top teeth were getting a root canal without anesthesia. I called my doctor, and he said it sounds more like a sinus infection. If she is sick, she could be having sinus pressure on the nerve of the bad tooth (if it's an upper tooth.)

You can have a sinus infection and still have no trouble breathing, or congestion. It will feel like pain in the cheekbone, behind the eye, or in the teeth, depending on what part of the sinuses are inflamed. It can often be on just one side, so don't let that fool you, either.

The WHO said just yesterday that they are standing by their comments on only taking Tylenol/Acamol if you think you have Corona.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:46 am
Another mom wrote:
Check it out - I heard that that's fake news

My Dr took me off of my daily low dose aspirin prescription when he heard I caught corona.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics