Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Who gets the extra $600 unemployment pay?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:40 am
forgetit wrote:
Yes. And if you have an EIN you can apply for PPP if there's ever a 3rd wave.

so I tried applying and I got a debit card with no money on it! I went online to reapply for the week but it doesnt allow me to certify... my case says pending for weeks and weeks.. do I bother calling or just wait.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:41 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Remember that you need to certify weekly. From the day you verify expect your deposit about 2-3 days later. And the 600.00 will be deposited separately as well.

Thank you for letting me know.
Will NJ let me know that I need to certify weekly? How do I go about it? And does anyone know if they pay unemployment retroactively?

forgetit

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:50 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
so I tried applying and I got a debit card with no money on it! I went online to reapply for the week but it doesnt allow me to certify... my case says pending for weeks and weeks.. do I bother calling or just wait.

I don't have personal experience applying so I don't know how it works once you're approved. I just know from a bit of research I did for someone else that 1099s are eligible.
I would definitely call.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:54 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Thank you for letting me know.
Will NJ let me know that I need to certify weekly? How do I go about it? And does anyone know if they pay unemployment retroactively?

Please go online to the NJ website and see instructions for certifying weekly. You must do so during your dedicated time slot which is based on the last four digits of your ss#.
They did write everywhere that they will pay retroactively since they know many people had trouble filing on time, however, I'm not sure exactly how that will work.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 12:58 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
The issue for me is that I've only been on NJ payroll for January and February. I wasn't paid for march so theres no quarterly tax info thats accurate. Its a NY based business that finally set up to withhold the NJ taxes in 2020. Maybe this is the issue and that's why I'm still pending. What a pain.

Normally you file unemployment with the state that your employer is based in. For example, I live in NY but I'm employed by a NJ employed so I filed for unemployment with NJ. It has nothing to do with the state withholding taxes.
I'm not sure what happens when your base year has employment from employers in two different states though, but you might have to file with NY.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 1:07 am
Normally you file unemployment with the state that your employer is based in. For example, I live in NY but I'm employed by a NJ employed so I filed for unemployment with NJ. It has nothing to do with the state withholding taxes.
I'm not sure what happens when your base year has employment from employers in two different states though, but you might have to file with NY.

The research I did showed that I should file in NJ because the work was done in NJ.

I’ll look into it again.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 10:25 am
Please go online to the NJ website and see instructions for certifying weekly. You must do so during your dedicated time slot which is based on the last four digits of your ss#.
They did write everywhere that they will pay retroactively since they know many people had trouble filing on time, however, I'm not sure exactly how that will work.

Babyblue, thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:15 pm
forgetit wrote:
I don't have personal experience applying so I don't know how it works once you're approved. I just know from a bit of research I did for someone else that 1099s are eligible.
I would definitely call.

cant get thru. anyone have a number for nj where u can reach someone?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:42 pm
I got this on a neighborhood chat

L'toeles harabim: Senator Rob Singer's office will fwd your email to a person at Unemployment. His office email address is sensinger@ njleg.org

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 3:52 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I got this on a neighborhood chat

L'toeles harabim: Senator Rob Singer's office will fwd your email to a person at Unemployment. His office email address is sensinger@ njleg.org

thank u but has anyone reported they received a response? what good is a fwd? lol

amother
Orange

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:09 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
thank u but has anyone reported they received a response? what good is a fwd? lol

Haven’t heard, but it can’t hurt to try.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 4:49 pm
Now my employer is saying that he will pay childcare benefits.

I am not familiar with this.

Does anyone know how this works? If he is paying me childcare then I can obviously not be on unemployment, but then is it possible for me to still get the $600?

I'd appreciate any info on this, thanks!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 5:27 pm
The 600$ is not for ppl who are still working. As far as I'm aware.

I am so frustrated. Qualified for the 600in ny. Spoke to an agent at unemployment and was officially told my application is done and I qualify . I was told to start collecting this past sunday. I went online sunday, answered the questions to collect and then it still said pending!!! How am I pending if I was approved??

amother
Orange

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 8:31 pm
Pretty sure even if you’re just working reduced hours due to covid you are eligible for the $600. I may be wrong
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics