Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
I TOLD YOU SO
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:30 am
Einikel wrote:
The point is-if so many people are out protesting and rioting with no social distancing then there is no point in enforcing it anymore.

Why? The virus will mostly spread among the looters and rioters. If we stay our course, and continue SD, it will stay among them.

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:32 am
flowerpower wrote:
I don’t get why you are sticking up for them. What planet are you living on??? In Brooklyn alone today there were hundreds of protesters walking together. The crazy dude Diblazio checked out Barclay center area and approved it. He was even proud. In NYC there were hundreds more. Walking together. The riots are a whole other story.

I'm not sticking up for them. I'm just trying to show the fallacy of these arguments. I'm all for reopening, but do it with logic and sound reasoning.

lifesagift

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:34 am
jkl wrote:
They can't fight back, it will only lead to bloodshed and more violence. These rioters are looking for people to engage, especially law enforcement, and will spare no fury. You either need the strong brute force, or let it just ride out. The latter is assumed to be the method of less bloodshed, and I'm assuming that if it doesn't begin to die down pretty soon, they'll probably come around with the strong brute force.

Also - the cops are scared for their own lives. They don't want to engage with bloodthirsty people.

Sorry but you remind me of dinkins. They're having a blast, you know they won't stop on their own, why should they? If the cops are waiting for more bloodshed to justify involvement I hear so whos blood are you ok with sacrificing? And really, the cops are afraid for their own life??? Because now they're not the ones on too with the little guy under the knee? Stop it. This is literally their job, to protect and save, not to act like big bad moish. Nypd is not a race, if you're not up to it you can quit anytime

crust

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:34 am
jkl wrote:
I'm not sticking up for them. I'm just trying to show the fallacy of these arguments. I'm all for reopening, but do it with logic and sound reasoning.

And that logic is?

itsmeima

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:36 am
Seriously, this is your permission slip!

I know you're are going through a lot but this has nothing to do with the virus!

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:37 am
lifesagift wrote:
I think what I'm having trouble comprehending is how did they have so many idle bored cops to spare that bp needed to be literally swarmed by them. Wouldn't it make sense in a time of crisis they should be where the pundits are. They are not just going to stop on their own, if we learnt anything from the past, the chaos wont die down on its own unless its quashed. Even if the cops cant theoretically do anything they should still be standing there and just watching, hopefully nobody gets killed.

Not that I agree with the BP response, but if you stick your thumb publicly at a leader and his rules, what did you expect to happen? His ego and pride are on the line, and you think he would just look away? We can go about our way quietly and secretly doing what we want, there is no reason to publicly taunt.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:38 am
jkl wrote:
Ugh I hate these nonsensical comparisons. It makes it sound like the gov't is sanctioning these rioters.

Right. The MEDIA is the one encouraging these rioters.

lifesagift

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:38 am
jkl wrote:
Why? The virus will mostly spread among the looters and rioters. If we stay our course, and continue SD, it will stay among them.

So not true they were everywhere, including down Bedford ave smack in the middle of the frum neighborhood. I'm not saying im worried about covid, I beleive most people in Brooklyn have been exposed to it by now, amd perhaps that's the mayors reasoning bit if so, why not allow people to reopen when they feel they're ready?

chestnut

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:39 am
You're mistaken if you think it wouldn't be happening if the city opened earlier.

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:40 am
crust wrote:
And that logic is?

There's plenty to go on. Discuss the ongoings of the last few weeks with private reopening and with no new cases developing out of them. Discuss ways that stores can reopen with SD in play, etc. Discuss the fact that the hospitals have enough beds available by now, etc..

Pointing fingers at a mass of rioters and saying - see, we can reopen - is illogical.

lifesagift

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:41 am
jkl wrote:
Not that I agree with the BP response, but if you stick your thumb publicly at a leader and his rules, what did you expect to happen? His ego and pride are on the line, and you think he would just look away? We can go about our way quietly and secretly doing what we want, there is no reason to publicly taunt.

First of all, though I haven't been to 13th ave since way back, from what I hear they've been there for a long time, long before the shops decided they've had it with the hiding. Not condoning it just pointing out the hypocrisy. Does tha dozen tiny shops really bother their ego more than thousands of protesters including looters arsonists whatnot? I guess, each to its own, I would never have imagined

crust

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:42 am
jkl wrote:
There's plenty to go on. Discuss the ongoings of the last few weeks with private reopening and with no new cases developing out of them. Discuss ways that stores can reopen with SD in play, etc. Discuss the fact that the hospitals have enough beds available by now, etc..

Pointing fingers at a mass of rioters and saying - see, we can reopen - is illogical.

Oh. I misunderstood you.

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:42 am
lifesagift wrote:
So not true they were everywhere, including down Bedford ave smack in the middle of the frum neighborhood. I'm not saying im worried about covid, I beleive most people in Brooklyn have been exposed to it by now, amd perhaps that's the mayors reasoning bit if so, why not allow people to reopen when they feel they're ready?

Because there are always some people who would 'feel they're ready' too early. But, I do believe, that if a community presents a sensible route to reopening, and a contingency plan just in case, they should be allowed to open at this time.

jkl

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:45 am
lifesagift wrote:
First of all, though I haven't been to 13th ave since way back, from what I hear they've been there for a long time, long before the shops decided they've had it with the hiding. Not condoning it just pointing out the hypocrisy. Does tha dozen tiny shops really bother their ego more than thousands of protesters including looters arsonists whatnot? I guess, each to its own, I would never have imagined

These protesters are rioting with one focus in mind, to show the world their anger. It's not a setup to defy De Blasio per se. Our communities' moves were sort of in direct defiance to his rules, so yeah, it's much more personal and a play against his ego.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:58 am
The mayor is in a bind bc his wife and children are black and obviously he is concerned for issues of black New Yorkers. He can't go and disband a peaceful protest that's marching for Black Lives Matter. I don't expect him to. But it makes my blood boil that he's not even mentioning that really there shouldnt be large groups gathering no matter what the issue is. if he's okay with large groups gathering for marches and protests, then, hello, the rule book is out the window, bye bye.

CiCi

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:04 am
jkl wrote:

They ARE discussing that to death already!

CiCi

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:06 am
Mama Bear wrote:
The mayor is in a bind bc his wife and children are black and obviously he is concerned for issues of black New Yorkers. He can't go and disband a peaceful protest that's marching for Black Lives Matter. I don't expect him to. But it makes my blood boil that he's not even mentioning that really there shouldnt be large groups gathering no matter what the issue is. if he's okay with large groups gathering for marches and protests, then, hello, the rule book is out the window, bye bye.

His daughter was arrested today.

chava101

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:53 am
Mama Bear wrote:
NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM.
they are breaking windows and looting expensive shops in manhattan. NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM.
I seriously don't get it.
yes, the cops are allowing them to riot and protest. They are not being dispersed like Rabbi Mertz's funeral.
My mind is mamish boggled. I'm in despair here. If these riots don't stop, our city and country are gonna descend into levels that are almost impossible to rise from.
I am very very scared for our future.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I PREDICTED BACK IN MARCH. EXACTLY.

GOLUS

tichellady

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 2:01 am
I’m so confused by this thread.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 2:24 am
First of all, for everyone that said that the "police can't stop looters and rioters", then exactly where were they when all the BLM "peaceful" protests were planned in parks all over the country? Jews had to get a special seal of approval from government officials for a funeral, and were STILL told they shouldn't do it, and yet there wasn't a single protest about the hundreds of protests scheduled across the country?

I mean, it's not like they didn't broadcast it all over social media or anything.

And these protesters are flying in from other parts of the country, and the mask wearing is simply so that they don't get caught.

CAMPS SHOULD OPEN.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics