Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Patience expired on day 90 of lockdown

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:38 pm
I have done painting, baking, crafting, schoolwork, phone classes, gardening, cooking, crafting, card making, hiking, biking, scenic drives in the rain, Joe Wicks exercise classes, built dens, danced, davened, read books, played endless rummikub, made shows, learnt to cartwheel (my daughter, I still end up landing on my back) played hopscotch, karaoke, elastic /scoobie, perfected cats cradle, made rainbows, hama beads, walked every walk within 25 mile radius, nature hunts, picnics in the garden, alphabet game, made perfume and bath bombs, and learnt to use a telescope.

I want a break for a couple of days, to live and breathe and hear my thoughts.
I'm so ashamed, but I don't want to be around my kids anymore. I want some personal space!

I keep losing my patience, and need help finding it.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:40 pm
Where do you live? By now most people are past the lockdown.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:41 pm
camps and schools are not open in many if not most areas nor are activities extracurriculars swimming and the like

avrahamama

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:43 pm
But cant you let them just be bored for a day????

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:49 pm
DO NOT be ashamed.
It is not easy.
I went to my son for a few days so that he and my dil can have a break. I made supper, fed the baby, sat with the older kids in the pool, Read stories,
Is there someone who can give you an xtra hand?

They were also about to collapse. It is not easy.
Hug Hug

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:56 pm
You get a gold medal for making it to 90 days. Seriously!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:03 pm
How'd the bath bombs come out? Mine flopped:(

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:08 pm
Screen time? Zoom with relatives? Get a swing set, a sprinkler, or any type of outdoor equipment?

DVOM

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have done painting, baking, crafting, schoolwork, phone classes, gardening, cooking, crafting, card making, hiking, biking, scenic drives in the rain, Joe Wicks exercise classes, built dens, danced, davened, read books, played endless rummikub, made shows, learnt to cartwheel (my daughter, I still end up landing on my back) played hopscotch, karaoke, elastic /scoobie, perfected cats cradle, made rainbows, hama beads, walked every walk within 25 mile radius, nature hunts, picnics in the garden, alphabet game, made perfume and bath bombs, and learnt to use a telescope.

I want a break for a couple of days, to live and breathe and hear my thoughts.
I'm so ashamed, but I don't want to be around my kids anymore. I want some personal space!

I keep losing my patience, and need help finding it.

Your a superstar! You deserve a medal! Of course you need a break!

If there's no one else to step in, have your husband take a day off of work. Eat breakfast in bed until 10, go for a long walk alone, buy really good take out for lunch, take a bath and a nap, indulge in a hobby until dinner, which you will eat in your car, alone! Give the kids a kiss goodnight and get back into bed with a good book! You'll feel so good the next day!

queen esther

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:11 pm
I hear you!!! You sound like you've been doing an amazing job and it is HARD to keep this up. I miss the time when my kids are not home- I miss that quiet space. Now it only happens at 11pm. Iyh we will see things change for the better soon!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:35 pm
DVOM wrote:
Your a superstar! You deserve a medal! Of course you need a break!

If there's no one else to step in, have your husband take a day off of work. Eat breakfast in bed until 10, go for a long walk alone, buy really good take out for lunch, take a bath and a nap, indulge in a hobby until dinner, which you will eat in your car, alone! Give the kids a kiss goodnight and get back into bed with a good book! You'll feel so good the next day!

OP, if your local library is already offering curbside pickup, get the kids stuff to keep them busy while you're off. Though really, I don't think it's necessary but you might feel better.

mum22

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:19 pm
Thank you everyone for your encouragement!

Scarlet you sound lovely! That’s really kind of you!

notshanarishona wrote:
Screen time? Zoom with relatives? Get a swing set, a sprinkler, or any type of outdoor equipment?

We do lots of screen time! I live far from family, my mum reads stories and plays games on zoom to help me out.
We have no private garden, we’re in an apartment.

DVOM, TG my husband is working. He is doing overtime as other members in his firm have been furloughed. Taking off means him working through the night. We’re grateful he has a job. I miss working!

Thanks everyone for the warmth and encouragement.

The library idea is excellent, we’re big readers.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:22 pm
Wow, I did not do all those entertaining activities, I make my kids mostly entertain themselves, and I am still burned out on them being home all day. Why dont you introduce "quiet time" - 2 hours a day when they have to entertain themselves quietly, reading, playing outside, whatever, but they can disturb you.

mum22

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:23 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
How'd the bath bombs come out? Mine flopped:(

Buy kits on Amazon

Part of the fun is getting parcels n checking the packages...

mum22

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:27 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Wow, I did not do all those entertaining activities, I make my kids mostly entertain themselves, and I am still burned out on them being home all day. Why dont you introduce "quiet time" - 2 hours a day when they have to entertain themselves quietly, reading, playing outside, whatever, but they can disturb you.

It sounds great.
Would be amazing.
If I can get past the guilty feelings, of not making the most of my time with them...

Have to work my feelings out and implement quiet time.
That’s exactly what I need.
Thanks for that

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:27 pm
I read it as “Patient expired....”

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:48 pm
If you made it this far until you lost your patience, you are super-woman!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics