Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Not frizzy sheitel!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:13 am
I have two wavy sheitels with lace fronts with coarse hair. They are so frizzy and messy in the heat and humidity. It’s making me crazy. I look like a mess and hate it. I work and our rav holds to wear a sheitel. I need tips on care or a different type of sheitel. Im blonde and do not want gold yellow hair. Is my only option to spend for a Dini to get silky hair? 😫

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:29 am
Irene just came out with a silky glossy line

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:57 am
My miri is lasting me really well. It's overdue a wash and although the curls aren't as good, it still looks wearable and no frizz. I think some of it is luck with the hair.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 9:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have two wavy sheitels with lace fronts with coarse hair. They are so frizzy and messy in the heat and humidity. It’s making me crazy. I look like a mess and hate it. I work and our rav holds to wear a sheitel. I need tips on care or a different type of sheitel. Im blonde and do not want gold yellow hair. Is my only option to spend for a Dini to get silky hair? 😫

Absolutely not. The higher end the wig is the more likely it is to frizz as it is less processed and the hair reacts to weather like real hair.
What you need is a good processed wig that does not dry wavy (as those can have some frizz too but still not as much as an unprocessed wig).
Check out Irene blunt or Miri Olympia.
A more expensive option would be the z-line from Zissy wigs. But you'd need to test your piece to make sure it dries silky straight (some do some don't).
Lace fronts have baby hair at the hairline which is meant to be a little frizzy to give the hairline a more natural appearance. If you absolutely don't want that you might want to skip the lace front.

If you want to make your current wigs workable, applying a heat protectant, then a dry hair oil and then flat ironing it should help keep the frizz away. Only do this if you're comfortable with using styling tools, you don't want to burn your wig.

Frumme

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 9:19 am
Have you tried using anti-frizz hair products? Argan oil (spray makes it convenient), biosilk leave-in serum, etc? If you wash your own sheitel, you have more control over the products that are used on it, too... For example, sulfates dry out hair, which isn't good for a wig and causes brittleness and frizziness. If you don't wash your own sheitel, you can bring your SM the shampoo and conditioner you want to be used (they can do a deep conditioning treatment, too).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 9:25 am
The two I wear are Irenes so are processed and colored. I had wefts taken out of one to see if it would help. They only have a slight wave when air dried. I have to have a lace front for the coverage. I’m good with styling tools. I’ve tried doing a blow out. I’ve been using beachy waves to hide the mess. I use leave in and dry conditioner every couple of days. The length is slightly below my shoulders with layers. What am I doing wrong?

Does Zissy have blondes? Who sells? Flatbush or BP.

What brand hair oil?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 9:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The two I wear are Irenes so are processed and colored. I had wefts taken out of one to see if it would help. They only have a slight wave when air dried. I have to have a lace front for the coverage. I’m good with styling tools. I’ve tried doing a blow out. I’ve been using beachy waves to hide the mess. I use leave in and dry conditioner every couple of days. The length is slightly below my shoulders with layers. What am I doing wrong?

What brand hair oil?

If it's an Irene give it back to your SM they should give it in to Irene to do a keratin treatment. It does wonders! If the wig is less than 6 months old it shouldn't cost you anything.

I personally like using Sebastian dry hair oil, but most brands should be fine.

There are a lot of SM that sell Zissy in Bp or Flatbush.
Off the top of my head, in Bp I know Rochel Schwartz, Hadassa Stefansky and Esti Reifer sell them.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What brand hair oil?

no these are irenes are brand new, totally different make, extremely silky. I think they just started selling them
interesting re the keratin treatment, I have to ask my sm abt that

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:48 am
I love my new sary. I wear it in the humidity and it doesn't frizz. I have heard that Irene's are not that good Sad

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 8:32 pm
If you are looking to buy something new, head straight to Freeda. They have beautiful wavy options that are not frizzy at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels