Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
She doesnt want her father to come
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:17 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
As a child of divorce, I would say you need to let her make her own decisions. Now, it sounds like he wants to be involved and that you communicate with each other. My father had no interest so there wasn't really anything my mom could do. But if I were you I would have a conversation with DD and come up with a plan of what she allows you to share with her father. it's her choice not to have him at appointments or in the hospital but you are also allowed to get support from her other parent and if he wants to be supportive there needs to be some leeway given.

He defenetly wants to be involved now eventhough he doesn't really show it. He is supportive and caring in his way ...am wondering whether he will even remember that there is appointment.
Dd doesnt mind him knowing about wgat is going on its just the coming along she dies not find necessary for him.

"Go understand teenagers Very Happy "

ladYdI

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:59 am
You should encourage her to let him be involved but don’t push. Also make sure that your personal feelings of him or your personal
Issues are not getting in the way here. If this turns out to be something serious or long term you and her will want him to be more involved and you both can use all the support possible.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:04 am
I can totally understand a young woman not wanting her father sitting in the doctor's office with her, even if they had a good relationship.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 7:31 am
Would totally respect and support her wishes at the age of 18 she has to feel that to fight best.
Refuah shleimah!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 7:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He defenetly wants to be involved now eventhough he doesn't really show it. He is supportive and caring in his way ...am wondering whether he will even remember that there is appointment.
Dd doesnt mind him knowing about wgat is going on its just the coming along she dies not find necessary for him.

"Go understand teenagers Very Happy "

Well, that sounds fair enough...
I thought at first that dd didn’t want her father to know about her condition.
As long as he knows what’s going on he really doesn’t need to be at the appointment.
Much hatzlocha ❤️
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children